Gamerscore Club's

May as well throw me up there, I generally play RPGs but have a habit of quitting early if they don't keep me interested.

Papa+Nissen.png

iv got another 1000 :) indiana jones :) oh and alone in the dark :)

May as well throw me up there, I generally play RPGs but have a habit of quitting early if they don't keep me interested.

Papa+Nissen.png

Tales of Vesperia for the major win. What a great game :p...of course I'm a Tales fanboy :sick:.

I think it's the LEGO Jones. Why don't they just come out with LEGO Sims so I can just call the world f-cked and move on with it.

yeah its Lego indianna Jones :)

i really want star ocean but not so keen on Tales of vesperia, i was very dissaponted in eternal sonata (similar style) . and i dislike the demo aswell

i really want star ocean but not so keen on Tales of vesperia, i was very dissaponted in eternal sonata (similar style) . and i dislike the demo aswell

/agree

Eternal Sonata had all the elements there, but the style and mechanics of combat sort of killed it. If you're going to make an RPG, make it so it's totally turn-based (Lost Odyssey) or make it into an Action-RPG (Star Ocean). I don't want this in-between stuff, it just ruins the flow for me.

What kind of games would one have to like to enjoy Star Ocean? I looked at the vids, appears pretty action-packed, and the IGN average reader review is an 8.6 (a rating that warrants at least a try), so could you guys elaborate on its good qualities?

Ever play previous star oceans of FF12 or even Tales Of?

Tales of Symphonia, yes. I liked it a lot until I screwed myself into a battle where I literally could win, so I haven't touched it sense. That aside, I thought it was stellar.

Star Ocean is purely free roam. Tales is set on one plane where you can free roam by pressing a certain button. Both games are similar, and if you liked one, you'll probably like the other.

I played Star Ocean on the PS2 and I really liked it. The one for the 360 though have been getting mixed reviews regarding story and such, so I'll probably wait it out until it drops a bit before I bite.

I have to say you're quite wrong about Eternal Sonata and Vesperia being similar in style, in both game play and design. Sure they are both cel shaded, but Vesperia is given a distinct anime appearance where Eternal Sonata is not. Also the combat is almost completely different, Vesperia is free time and Eternal Sonata is based on a given amount of time to attack.

Though I don't intend to argue with your opinion about the demo, seeing as whats yours is yours. But I find the demo didn't do the game justice seeing as a large portion of JRPGs are the story and characters, and you just don't get that from the demo. I didn't much like the demo either, but now I've found myself on a second play through after the first one took me 43 hours.

Last edited:
i tend not to like anime RPGs in general, i cant get a feel for a RPG in the CEl shaded style just always been a major down for me in games,
iv seen a friend play it for a while i didnt like how they stopped every 2 minutes to have a conversation in thoses sort of on screen windows with all there faces,
and i didnt like the battle system i get bored quickly of these "new innovative battle systems" im an old school turn based Battle lover thats me through and through main reson i loved lost odyysey and blue dragon so much.

and same reason i got bored of eternal sonata and Enchanted arms (which i liked axscept for the battle system which got old fast ( my brother described it as fantasy chess lol)

on my achievement news though.

finally got never gonna spend it all on Guitar hero 3 (thats earn like $350,000 lifetime)

also im getting around 81% through TTFAF every time now so im not far off getting that done on expert i cant wait lol.

oh and 975 from rock band 2 woo hoo

and 130/200 from worms 2 armageddon

Back