Games for very young kids - PLEASE recommend!

try paper mario, wii play or wing island. korapina seems ok.

or just wait until manhunt 2, the kids will love it :D hehe

I would suggest, games like cars, barnyard or wing island.

they are easy to control and most children love them.

personaly i find ssx blur hard and im not 5 so im not sure. . . . . . maybe im just bad at it lol probably :p

that korinampa thingy is supposed to be good but it can be difficult at times.

why are people saying godfather and manhunt? people are asking for help and your taking the piss. . .

Is WII PLAY a good option?

Ive read reviews saying its dull and boring after a while. Is it worth the price??

I would get it over Elebits or Mario Party 8.

Cpt.McCloud said:
why are people saying godfather and manhunt? people are asking for help and your taking the piss. . .

do you think this guy is HONESTLY going to get GODFATHER or MANHUNT for his children. I dont think he would.

Wii play is good but after a while it does get dull, there is only so many times you can play laser hocky. . . . .

but the bonus is a free remote.

elebits is a good choice but i've heard its hard at some points but i ahvnt played on it so im not sure.

Mario Party 8 will be good, the previous mario party games have been good but sometimes they are to similar and are bad but because this is the first one on the wii it will have changed, lots of new mini games, boards and charectors hopefully this will be awsome :D

You Know It's Perfect!!!!!

Mortal Kombat Armageddon!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

I dont know, have never played it, but it seems to me that for 4/5 year old kids, Wii PLAY will be the sure bet, because its easy, its kinda cute, like they love, and its simple. (i already said its easy, right?)

And kids, unlike us, like to watch the same damn movie three zigazillion times!!! so not sure if they have the same borderline for dullness as us!!

mabhz said:
ELEBITS:
i was thinking of this one. Is it too hard too soon also???
Maybe not to soon, but eventually ya.
There's no way anyone under 8 could beat it, I'd be realy shocked anyway.

They could maybe beat the first few levels, maybe. But the later levels are pretty hard.

To be on the safe side you could just get flat out kiddie games (Spongebob, Cars, Ice Age, Avatar, ect...) but they're ussualy lower quality yet at the same time kids won't know. They're also ussualy cheaper.

I have a 4 and 6 year old and decent amount of games so I'll tell you my opinions regarding to kids. My 4 year old doesn't play the wii much since he has troubles with the controls so he only tries the occasional minigames in various titles but loves some of the free coloring and drawing flash programs on the internet.

Sonic - My 6 year old son loves it and it was the first game that got him focused on using the controller properly without jumping around but as the game got harder the game seemed to just frustrate him. My kids love the mini games.

Red steel / Farcry - 6 year old likes to play it with dad and really focuses hard on playing it but has trouble with the more exact aiming needed in these type of games.

Monkeyball - The begining single player stages were easy for him but the later stages are nearly impossible for him at the moment. They love some of the minigames but many of them were just poorly made and don't control well.

DBZ - Both my kids like to zip around and try to beat each other up neither of them can do a whole lot in the game but they do enjoy it.

Excite Truck - My 6 year old likes racing mom and dad but had trouble controlling it until we got the sterring wheel shell which greatly improved his control of the game.

Trauma center - way out of there league.

Warioware - Could be a good title for younger games but the spped at which it moves could put some of them off.

Zelda - My kids only like to watch and try fihing in it.

Rayman - most of the minigames they have trouble with, but they love the shooting stages tremendously.

Chicken Little - Great for my six year old except for the flying stages they seemed to complex for him.

Wiiplay - They both love cow racing and the target shooting, my oldest also likes the ping pong and tank game. The quality is fairly low on these games but the family may get some enjoyment and sense it comes with a wiimote its not a total loss.

Wiisports - Wiibowling is the most played game in my house, but my kids will play boxing but only against each other, and my oldest loves wii tennis

My kids love the following games. They are 6 and 9 girls.

Wii Sports (Golf seems to be their favorite game right now)
Wii Play
SSX
Monkey Balls mini games
Rayman

I picked up Iceage and they just don't like adventure type games.

I know a family with a 4 year old who just LOVES raving rabbits. He doesn't know how to do much of anything in it, but he loves holding the wiimote and watching the reactions on screen.

There's not really much for the Wii aimed at 4/5 year olds. Wii Play is DEFINITELY not targeted for people that young. They'd have NO idea what to do with that game if you stuck them in front of it. It's boring, but it's technical.

You could maybe try some of the movie related games...?

Back