Games only play in black& white?

Charger1

WiiChat Member
Jul 14, 2009
Hi folks

My kids have a problem which has appeared overnight. All their games show on the TV in black and white....there is no trace of colour at all including Wii channel, menu etc etc.

I have checked all cables and the TV itself but am not getting anywhere near a solution. I have checked Wii troubleshooting site but nothing there either.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance....:-D

i belive your problem could be that your TV has ybp plugs, which have more plugs required that the wii has,
you can either connect the wii to another T.V. with the just the yellow,white,and red plug ins or get a converter, please post it that helps, if not we can try something else :D

Thanks Fallenhero.

It has been raining all day and all the kids want to do is thrash about on the Wii.....every half hour or so its been "Daaaaaaaad, its done it again!! This has been driving me nuts all day as the fault seems to be intermittent.

However after dinner tonight I watched my youngest daughter messing with the tv and the Wii and have sussed the problem. It was so simple that it's embarrassing........

The Wii is accessed via the AV channel on the TV, but our TV has AV1 tuned to the DVD/VHS combo, AV2 for the Wii and AV3 which is vacant...unknown to me there is a fourth marked as AV2S and here lies the problem. On AV2 the Wii plays properly...on AV2S the Wii plays in black and white. The kids had inadvertently been switching between the two..........!!!

So problem solved.

Every cloud has a silver lining though....today's problem resulted in me finding this site......loads of interesting stuff on here :D

Back