Gamespy coming to the Wii

in game chatting and global competitions FTW, cant wait im pretty impatient, Nintendo is going to really have to hold us off till online gets here

Thats actually good and bad news together..... you see, for any1 ever played a real gamespy powered game, he nows gamespy sucks. Any1body play battle for middle earth and see for youserlf. Other than that it seems that nintendo is really serious about online gaming so its ok.

Isn't it kinda weird how LATE nintendo is making deals to get multiplayer online games?

you'd think this type of stuff would have been in the works for a while now.

Allan!

anark said:
Isn't it kinda weird how LATE nintendo is making deals to get multiplayer online games?

you'd think this type of stuff would have been in the works for a while now.

Allan!

You would, but after Playstation Home and countless amounts of people asking for lobby type of play and the multiplayer itself Ninty had to get something going.

but that's what i mean... with all the wii ads saying bringing people together...and the wiiconnect24 stuff.. i thought that they would have had some network in beta testing or something.

i guess the rush to get it out for christmas really screwed up with their rollout strategy.

*sigh* just means longer waits for the existing customer base.

gamespy has always had there stats,mii settings etc.. there are just now releasing the news that gamespy will be taking care of there online gamming as a whole pretty much... which is good because nintendo doesnt have much of a clue when it comes to online game play... gamespy isnt the best but they have been around forever so hopefully there wont be a tone of glitches in the system when online goes up...

nice. I know Nintendo has been the last one to join the online community and really I have no personal issue with it. Xbox has done it and owned that market for a long time. Sony, well.. Sony is Sony. But Nintendo will do well I think. As long as all the kinks are worked out ahead of time and no major issues occur when that very first Wii Online play game comes out.

POKEMON will be the 1st to play with gamespy !!! i read it is true!!!

This was in the works wayyyy back. Nintendo's got some server deal with them. It could go either way. Only time will tell.

Back