gifts chanel

jess4mick

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
australia
Wii Online Code
4413-3959-6605-8167
i found this at ignwii thought it may surprise a few people Buy VC Games for Your Friends
New Wii Channel update will let you gift games to your connected buddies.
by IGN Staff
US, October 26, 2007 - Nintendo on Friday revealed that it is planning to add an update to its Wii Channel system which, when finished, will enable gamers to gift software to anybody on their system's friends list.

The service will work hand-in-hand with the Wii Shop Channel. Wii owners who connect online will very simply be able to choose a Virtual Console or Wii Ware title, select an option to send it to a friend, and when their buddy accepts the offer, it will immediately launch them into the Wii Shop Channel where a download of the gifted game will commence.

"We think this will be a breakthrough in encouraging customers to spread news of fun games word of mouth," Iwata said. "We also hope to spur more users to connect their Wiis to the Internet."

im not a nintendo hater by any means and this is cool, but how bout just making it easier to get wii online?

Sounds like more small things that make the Wii the best console out there. IMO

I wonder why they don't just make it so that you end Wii Points to the other person instead of a specific game?

to person who said anout making connection eaasier lol.

for me, the wii was ths simplist ever thign for me to get online, i turned it on, and it workded straight from box for me, i had to do no tampering, except on the wii itself.

as for my 360, iv had that over a year now and still ahvent managed to get it online, thats why i never play it

i love how we complain about the price of their VC games and their solution is to give us the ability to buy them for others?!?! How much sense would that make? "hhhmmm, these VC games are way to over-priced for me to play, but hell i'll buy a few for my friends..."
just doesn't make sense to me. how about putting more VC games/lower the prices. i think that would get more people to go to wii online .As it stands i can generally buy the cart for less than 1/2 the price of the VC game, i understand there is added convenience of having it on Wii, but i mean i'd rather pay $.25 for a cart and have to pop it into my NES or N64 rather than pay $5-$10 for the game to be on Wii.

Just my 2 cents
kyle

from wat i made off it u will b able to buy it for urself and send it to ur freinds so long as they r on ur wii address book

JAKE196 said:
can you share actual VC games, or are they downgraded versions?

No they are not shared. You would essentially pay for it on your console, but your friend would be the one would be able to download it, not you.

So are they shared or is it like i originally though and essentially you're buying a gift for a friend? The sharing idea is cool, though i can't imagine it getting many more people to actually get their Wii online. But if all you're doing is paying for a game for someone else to play that's stupid.

kyle

bad idea to buy them for otehrs silly in my opinion nobody will do it lol, uless they are ricjh lol

but it could be one step forward to online VC multiplayer

Back