Glad to be here !!

Nah, I can understand why you didn't like Brawl. It was pretty slow compared to most fighting games, and even shames the Smash Bros. series.

I recommend trying Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (for Wii), or Path of Radiance first if you can. It's more focused on Ike himself. And it's a strategy game.

Zelda is known for its puzzles. People generally give up once they can't figure them out. :lol: But if you just stopped out of boredom...give it a shot too.

Tragonight, after our conversation, I played Super smash bros today.. And I like it.. I dont consider the game as a fighting game.. But it is a very fun, lets say Nintedo style game..

I think it's meant to be a party game, like the Wii is generally considered. Sakurai (the creator of Smash Bros.) even calls the series a hybrid of some sort.

I played Super smash bros today.. And I like it.. I dont consider the game as a fighting game.. But it is a very fun, lets say Nintedo style game..

Whether or not the Smash Bros. series is considered fighting games is actually quite the hotly-debated topic. Has been for many years. Regardless, they most assuredly are fighting games. I reckon the only reason arguments sayin' otherwise exist is because some gamers define the fighting game genre as being only games with "traditional" fighting game mechanics, such as the presence of a health bar, or the gameplay consisting of only one player versus one other player.

But, Smash Bros. bein' fun... this we assuredly agree on lol. I've loved the series since its first iteration was released on the N64.

Last edited:
Whether or not the Smash Bros. series is considered fighting games is actually quite the hotly-debated topic. Has been for many years. Regardless, they most assuredly are fighting games. I reckon the only reason arguments sayin' otherwise exist is because some gamers define the fighting game genre as being only games with "traditional" fighting game mechanics, such as the presence of a health bar, or the gameplay consisting of only one player versus one other player.

But, Smash Bros. bein' fun... this we assuredly agree on lol. I've loved the series since its first iteration was released on the N64.

You are exactly right..

I dont wanna misunderstand, I didnt mean its not a fighting game.. It is a fighting game.. Just not into my standarts.. I grew up with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, Samurai Showdown etc like any other fighting game fans..

Super Smash Bros.. Its like every other Nintendo games, a family friendly game.. But is is definetly a fighting game

I get the biggest kick outa all of us saying, "I grew up with...". I'm the first generation to be able to say that. (with a big grin and patting self on back) And all of us tend to like what we grew up with. Don't know about you guys, but makes me feel old and nostalgic. (sigh)

I get the biggest kick outa all of us saying, "I grew up with...". I'm the first generation to be able to say that. (with a big grin and patting self on back) And all of us tend to like what we grew up with. Don't know about you guys, but makes me feel old and nostalgic. (sigh)

hahah :) It happens me when I ask boys "have you ever played Street Fighter 2" and they say "No, I never played it".. Man, I'm old :)

Back