Good multiplayer game for husband & wife

CatieDoula

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2007
My husband and I have just finished Lego Star Wars and had a blast playing it. We have many other Wii games but they are all one player (Zelda, Metroid) and we are looking for a good game to play together like Lego Star Wars. We do have to find a game which our 5 year old can be around while we are playing and can maybe play with us. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Catie

Well there's Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, and than there's Super Smash Bros. Brawl which comes out March 9th. The only two that come to mind for me that I'm gonna play.

This is all my opinion. Use it as you like.

My wife and I had a blast playing through Mario Galaxy. She didn't want to do any of the running and jumping, she just collects stars on player 2.

And though it is fun to play together, that player 2 icon moving around all the time is extremely irritating, because it draws your eye right to it :)

get my sims that a good game i hear its a good game for wife and husbands but not a good thing if either 1 of u are cheating on eachother with some1 else lol

the perfect game for coupleis....

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!

Mario Strikers Charged is extremely fun and challenging. Multiplaying is the other name of the game hehe

i'd suggest either mario strikers or mario galaxy.

we play alot of wii sports... but it will make you fight!!!!!

I'd also have to say Super Mario Galaxy. My wife and play it together and she collects stars, shoots enemies and "helps" me jump from time to time. It's a great example of a cooperative game. She typically won't play competitive games with me so SMG was a perfect choice. I wish I could find more games like it, that is, games where two players cooperate to complete the same task.

If you're not both big gamers, I agree that Mario Galaxy is great.

If you're both control freaks, it might not work. It can get a little frustrating for player 2; you can really only collect stars and freeze enemies, and occassionally help high jump (both press A at once) or shoot star bits at the rare obstacle affected by them. You have no control over movement, and although you can make Mario jump and spin normally, I can't imagine that would actually help player 1.

But for us it is perfect - I don't generally play games while alone and this is just the right level of involvement for me.

Thank you everyone! We both like to play and do things. We used to play WoW before we got our Wii and I think that's why we liked Lego Star Wars so much. So for that reason, I don't think Galaxy would work for us but we'll check it out just in case. I think we'll give Mario Strikers a look too. Thanks everyone! Now if June would hurry up and get here so we can get Lego Indiana Jones!

Catie

Lego and Star Wars Fans eh.... what about the new Star Wars 'Force' game (I think thats what its called?)
And I'm pretty sure its co-op.
Make sure to check the Virtual Console for old-school gaming goodness, almost something for everyone there.

Trauma Center: New Blood is supposed to have a great co-op mode. From what I understand, you can play through the whole game together.

That one shooter game (it has Galaxies in the title) might also interest you guys.

There is also Resident Evil Chronicles, but that's hardly appropriate for a 5 year old to watch.

Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of good co-op games for the Wii. Hopefully, that will change.

Back