good party games

951Michael

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2008
Hi, I was hoping if you guys could give me some good games that would be good fun to play when I have a couple friends over or some guests. I was looking at Rayman Raving Rabbids the first edition. Do you think that would be a good pick. Any other games I should look at. Thanks for the help

Well you should have wii sports already, and the sports like bowling or golf are great for 2-3 players. Also try mario party 8.

try marvel ultimate allinace for some good bad guy action-rpg bashing for upto 4 players

Yeah Mario Party 8 is your best bet. Though Guitar Hero is also fun, but only 2 people =/. And don't be so sure about girls, I once played 2 player San Andreas with a girl and she wasn't the type you'd expect.

Super Smash Bros Brawl! Best 4-player action ever!
Great fun and action. Diverse roster of characters.
Why hasn't any body mentioned this game yet?:wtf:
Releases March 9th.

hicks31 said:
Super Smash Bros Brawl! Best 4-player action ever!
Great fun and action. Diverse roster of characters.
Why hasn't any body mentioned this game yet?:wtf:
Because it has a limited audience.

Just because you think that SSBB is god's gift to humanity and the epitome of all things holy doesn't make it a safe bet for a universal party game.

Wii Sports and Mario Party 8 are better choices. Even Guitar Hero, as most people like music and have dreams of fame. It'll take some people a longer time to get over the shyness of using the controller, though. I've found some people take a lot of encouragement and nudging.

what?:wtf: everyone likes super smash bros
sremick said:

Just because you think that SSBB is god's gift to humanity and the epitome of all things holy doesn't make it a safe bet for a universal party game.

Wii Sports and Mario Party 8 are better choices. Even Guitar Hero, as most people like music and have dreams of fame. It'll take some people a longer time to get over the shyness of using the controller, though. I've found some people take a lot of encouragement and nudging.

Staszy26 said:
what?:wtf: everyone likes super smash bros
Umm, hardly.

SSBB fans are self-delusional to a disturbing state that I really just have to shake my head. :frown2:

sremick said:

are you kidding me? just because you don't like SSBB, doesn't mean it has a "limited audience." I mean it IS a 4 player game with PLENTY of different MULTIPLAYER events to choose from. I'm sure everybody could find something interesting about it, unless they're PREJUDICED against it.
Sure, not everybody likes it, but the majority probably chooses IT OVER WII SPORTS AND MARIO PARTY 8.:mad5:

just wait 'til it releases in the U.S. and compare ITS sales to the others.

SMASH BROS HATER!:mad5:

P.S. Nothing against Wii Sports or Mario Party 8, just the guy mouthing off about a game HE doesn't like.

hicks31: you're exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not prejudiced against it. I'll probably even get it myself. But I'm sensible enough to know it's not "Ultimate Game of All Games Evar" and one that everyone is guaranteed to enjoy.

I like Zelda a ton, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Your own personal likes isn't a basis for selecting a good "party game". That's the problem. Many of the SSBB fans on here are borderline psychotic about it and are convinced that everyone will and must love the game as much as they do. It's a certain genre of game and while it might appeal immensely to you and while you might be so excited about it that you wet your pants, that doesn't make it a universally good "party game" with a high-likelihood of appealing to the majority of people.

It'd be like me taking my intense passion for spicy foods and bringing habanero-spiced dishes to a pot luck. While I might love the food, most of the people aren't going to find it appealing.

Me confuzed. If SSBB hasn't been released yet then how do you know that it is a ton of fun.

No thumbs up or down on the Rayman Raving Rabbids the first edition though. I got that recommendation just because someone I know recommended it to me. Thanks

As a person who actually throws Wii parties.

Rayman Rabbids 2 is a better option than the first one. Take some time to unlock the games and build your own set of travels of favorite games.

Obviously Wii Sports works well too.

Mario & Sonic Olympics is okay, but it's annoying choosing the characters for each event.

And, if you get more than one dance pad, DDR : Hottest Party is fun. Mostly from watching others play it. You have up to 4 pads, but obviously it takes up a lot of space.

Back