Great Racing year for Wii Dirt2&F1

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, this will be a great racing year for Wii with Codemasters: Dirt2 and F1.
Yesterday I wached some screenshots of Dirt2 and I can say the gameplay will be great (specially using the Logitech's Wheel controler), but graphically doesn't look good. The same applies to F1, I think Codemasters and Sumo Digital need much more effort polishing the graphics and all the features as the xbox360/ps3 versions. I look to some PSP racing games and looks better than this, how is possible!!
I don't understand this Codemasters, even the more powerfull Wii's hardware!!
Thankfully you have enought time to improve this games!!
I hope so!!

colin-mcrae-dirt-2.jpg

The xbox360 version

screenshot_217051_thumb300.jpg

The Wii version

2009424115754_3.jpg

F1 for Wii

And now compared to Grand turismo and F1 for the PSP

2009424115950_1.jpg

1p_04_racedisplay.jpg

1p_04_replay.jpg

What you think?

Here another GT PSP screenshoots:

504x_gtr-granv_01-804.jpg

504x_gtr-granv_03-804.jpg

504x_enzo-gtr-246_01-804.jpg

504x_gtr-nur_01-804.jpg

504x_enzo-gtr-246_02-804.jpg

504x_gtr-nur_03-804.jpg

Kotaku is claiming that these screens are from gameplay in real-time:

http://kotaku.com/5302118/the-screens-of-gran-turismo-psp/gallery/

If this is true is absolutely amazing, how h$%$@ll the PSP can output these graphics like the PS3/xbo360 games and the Wii with far horsepower under the hood doesn't!!

I will blame SUMO DIGITAL and Codemasters by not puting these graphics on the Wii's Dirt2 and F1 versions.

I think is becose Sony and Microsoft upgraded their Dev Kits to got the most of their hardware (The X Engine) and Nintendo doesn't.
Nintendo what happen to you, you're still instead the competency improve their hardware?
They reach the perfection on Digitalization techniques and here is the result, a underpowered hardware outputing next-gen graphics!!
Come-on Nintendo, where are the 300 millions you invested 2 years ago?

Last edited:
Kotaku is claiming that these screens are from gameplay in real-time:

If this is true is absolutely amazing, how h$%$@ll the PSP can output these graphics like the PS3/xbo360 games and the Wii with far horsepower under the hood doesn't!!

I will blame SUMO DIGITAL and Codemasters by not puting these graphics on the Wii's Dirt2 and F1 versions.

If you think that they are in game screenshots then you are crazy. They are all pre-rendered or replay screens, I mean how could you steer if your view was of your car coming towards you? The replay screens in GT2 on PS2 looked as good.

Also you have to remember that the PSP has a tiny little screen. Put Wii graphics on a screen the same size and they'd look awesome, put the PSP on a big TV and it'd look like crap.

Dirt2 wont be that good on Wii. Most previews say it plays better with the classic controller, which suggests that little effort has been put in to make it Wii specific (so likely it is a PS2 port).

F1 doesn't have a 360/PS3 version, it is Wii and PS2 only. The 360/PS3 versions were put back until next year due to the costs involved.

Codemasters are a year behind everyone else when it comes to Wii development. Last year they had no Wii plans because they still thought that the Wii was a fad and that the PS3 would suddenly become the #1 seller. Now they've realized that the Wii isn't going anywhere and the PS3 is too expensive for them to develop for (at the moment), so they are trying to get Wii titles out fast to make up ground.

They're screenshots, not video. Doesn't matter if they're screenshots from the actual game, it's not to be judged heavily.

Back