grenadiers and remote mines?

nachoburp

WiiChat Member
Jun 13, 2011
so i dont know is anyone else has noticed but i tried this the other day. i layed down some remote mines and then spawned as ouromov thinking "oh i can defend myself at first then his uselessness will be a problem". well after i spawned as ouromov his uselessness showed up. it wouldnt shoot. it wouldnt run. it wouldnt even switch modes. so i tried it the other day where i picked up a kallos grenadier and tried the same thing and it froze again. it wouldnt shoot or anything. is this just like a 1 time glitch or has anyone else noticed it?

i noticed it stops if you pick up another gun but when your the hero you cant do that. and ive only noticed it happening when im ouromov. its really weird

I think its the proxies that could be causing the problem. Did youick up the kallos after you spawned and/or died?

The only hero glitch i got was when someone was 2 people on my team going bond at the same time. One had his weapon but not the character and the other had the character but not the weapon. Idk if they had the prox mines or not

i throw the remote mines then spawn as ouromov or pick up the kallos and then it just doesnt work for me. i dont think im hitting any buttons i shouldnt be. but it doesnt happen for bond or zukovsky or the other one just ouromov and it doesnt happen unless i pick up a kallos grenadier. like if it has a silencer or reflex sight or something its fine. im surprised a lot more people havent had this happen

wait, your not picking up the kallos as the hero, roght? i dont think you can....

nah just when im a regular person. i noticed it at first when i was ouromov and i thought it was a 1 time thing but i tried it as a regular person and it did the same thing only with the grenadiers though

firstly go easy- im not long awake....

ok dude- i have NO idea what you mean sorry... you keep going on about the kallios gren... do you mean the noobs ak47 gren?
um are you saying if you pick up the russians ak then it doesnt work? and you cant move? (coz ive not had this happen... ive often picked it up and its worked fine.)

@godninja: the 2 bonds- this ive heard of, but the way you described it- could just be someone carrying bonds wep and bond using pistol? or did the bond character have another primary wep? and did they both have the hero icon.

if i put out my remote mines and then spawn as the russian hero all he can do is walk back and forth. no shooting no running no anything until he dies. when im a regular person i throw my mines and pick up a kallos grenadier and it does the same thing until i die. i realized the other day if im a regular person and i pick up another gun (any other gun) it goes back to normal. but since you cant do that when your a hero it just struggles on until he dies.

firstly go easy- im not long awake....

ok dude- i have NO idea what you mean sorry... you keep going on about the kallios gren... do you mean the noobs ak47 gren?
um are you saying if you pick up the russians ak then it doesnt work? and you cant move? (coz ive not had this happen... ive often picked it up and its worked fine.)

@godninja: the 2 bonds- this ive heard of, but the way you described it- could just be someone carrying bonds wep and bond using pistol? or did the bond character have another primary wep? and did they both have the hero icon.

One had the hero icon not using the bond weapon but he wasnt the bond character he had the kallos but idk how it happened. You cant pick up weapons when you are hero. The other was the bond character without the hero icon using prox mines and the bond weapon.

@ godninja... oh thats strange- never seen that before....

@nacho... now ive managed to pile in a little caffine... ive re-read what you said. i now think i understand.

but nah, its never happened to me unless you count something weird in a tc, that i put down to hacking:

it was on station.... i got the first kill of the game and picked up the dudes silenced strata.... and all hell broke free!
yes it WAS first kill - played till end of game and checked awards for account opened. i started doing that "jumpy screen like lag" thing and the gun would refuse to fire at all. i was soon killed by the dude i had stolen the wep off.

i later on picked up another silenced strata and same thing happened. so i looked at scores and noticed the dude who had the strat at start was only lvl 6. so i stopped trying to pick stratas up for weplvls and just stuck to my terra.
remember i got 1st Kill. so an obvious hack to get the wep and im guessing the hacking somehow had an effect on me. probably not the same thing as you at all- but i thought id throw it out there to help (?).

Yeah it is a Ouromov hero glitch, it happens everytime if you throw your remotes out first and then spawn. I did it thinking the same thing you did.....that you could blow up some folks first but naw. The best way to get rid of the the glitch is to hit the melee button and then eveything works again. it is a very annoying glitch cuz I always throw out remotes when all the other heros beore spawning to get that first blow up kill. It's bad enough ouromov is the worst hero and add to that he has a glitch.

Last edited:
yeah, you can melee yo get your gun to fire, but you cant detonate the remotes. i had that happen once in the industrial and then someone ran by remote and it blew him up like a proxie. it was strange.

Back