Guild Wars?

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Heyy, I am considering getting Guild war's, I have been informed my computor is good enough so I was just wondering if anyone on this forum plays guild wars and would tell me a bit about it?

So yeah, a Guild Wars Newb asking for guidence. . .

- With every game you get a free account where you can make up to 4 characters

- To make a 2nd account it costs £5 if your using your original disc [However who wants to make 5 characters?]

- Good game; If you have a good internet connection that is

- The point of the game is to work in teams, Or 'Guilds', hence the game title. Most of the quests given are to be completed with a team. And if you are going it along make sure you get some mercenaries

Hope thats helps :)

- Ben

Thanks everyone!

Thats one of the main points why I wanted it, No monthly fee's

How does the game play?

Is there any demo's?

No theres no demos. It's a fairly good game though - a little limited by the "instanced" outside world. None of it is fully living and breathing. Just FYI "instanced" means that the zone is based on a different server for each person or group that enters it. Thus, when your outside you won't see random people wandering around, you'll have it all to yourself. On a fully fledged MMO whoever happens to be there at that time will be there at that time on your screen too and you can chat etc. That's the biggest difference. It's also very Player vs Player orientated on a competitive scale. So if your into that it's cool. If not the Player vs Environment content is a little limited. Though theres loads of expansions to run through nowadays.

I think you'll enjoy it, especially if it's your first MMO experience. IMO it's as good as game as World of Warcraft. Perhaps just a little smaller in scale. Also bear in mind there are no subscriptions but they do release annual expansion packs. This pretty much is the same thing, albeit cheaper and your getting tangible content for your money, rather than the promise of patches of which you have no idea what they will contain.

DazzeL said:
No theres no demos. It's a fairly good game though - a little limited by the "instanced" outside world. None of it is fully living and breathing. Just FYI "instanced" means that the zone is based on a different server for each person or group that enters it. Thus, when your outside you won't see random people wandering around, you'll have it all to yourself. On a fully fledged MMO whoever happens to be there at that time will be there at that time on your screen too and you can chat etc. That's the biggest difference. It's also very Player vs Player orientated on a competitive scale. So if your into that it's cool. If not the Player vs Environment content is a little limited. Though theres loads of expansions to run through nowadays.

I think you'll enjoy it, especially if it's your first MMO experience. IMO it's as good as game as World of Warcraft. Perhaps just a little smaller in scale. Also bear in mind there are no subscriptions but they do release annual expansion packs. This pretty much is the same thing, albeit cheaper and your getting tangible content for your money, rather than the promise of patches of which you have no idea what they will contain.

Thanks,

I was expecting it to be like one of the game's where you can see and talk to everyone walking around but that's ok.

Does this have voice chat?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Thanks,

I was expecting it to be like one of the game's where you can see and talk to everyone walking around but that's ok.

Does this have voice chat?

You can always install Ventrillo. That's a programm where the users can talk while playing online.

No it doesn't I don't think

demonflair said:
You can always install Ventrillo. That's a programm where the users can talk while playing online.

Yeah you could do that. I have that program lol - Use it for COD2

And yeah I forgot to mention that DazzeL thanks
You'll be able to see other people outside of towns if you're on their team

I have the game aswell so don't hesitate to ask me any questions

Wii_Smurf said:
No it doesn't I don't think

And yeah I forgot to mention that DazzeL thanks
You'll be able to see other people outside of towns if you're on their team

I have the game aswell so don't hesitate to ask me any questions

Could you give me a description of it please, like a breif guide?

Like what do you do, what's the gameplay like, etc.

Awwww your making me want to start playing it again lol
Though I don't have an account [It's my mates game and account lol, Though he doesn't want it anymore]

Anyways your start off and get your first armor sorta
Then you carry on through the game making teams and joining guilds.
You can make your own guild but it's best off to join a well established one

You basically just go through leveling up like most MMO's

When you accept a quest [You can have like up to 5 at a time]
It appears on your map [Bottom left] and like a sat-nav so you know where to go :)

Gameplay is awsome. You can rotate the camera angle to see how many eniemes are around you etc.

I've forgotten about most of it but it's cool

Official Website

Hope the website can fill you in.
If you want and if I can get a new account set-up we can play it together and train up etc?
I need something to do during the summer. PM me

Wii_Smurf said:
Awwww your making me want to start playing it again lol
Though I don't have an account [It's my mates game and account lol, Though he doesn't want it anymore]

Anyways your start off and get your first armor sorta
Then you carry on through the game making teams and joining guilds.
You can make your own guild but it's best off to join a well established one

You basically just go through leveling up like most MMO's

When you accept a quest [You can have like up to 5 at a time]
It appears on your map [Bottom left] and like a sat-nav so you know where to go :)

Gameplay is awsome. You can rotate the camera angle to see how many eniemes are around you etc.

I've forgotten about most of it but it's cool

Official Website

Hope the website can fill you in.
If you want and if I can get a new account set-up we can play it together and train up etc?
I need something to do during the summer. PM me

Good Idea,

Once I get my dad's birthday out the way and get my cash supply's up I will get the game and hopefully it will work:)

Great idea Ben!

Wii_Smurf said:
Np,
Look above at the video Byuakuya has supplied. It's good

I been watching a few on YouTube so yeah, I probably will be getting this game.

To play with a friend do you both have to have the same campeign?

Like if I had nightfall and Ben had factions could we still play together?

Back