Hacked Wii firmware

ummmmmmm

What newb did that chip? it looks like they melted the plastic on that component? wtf??

SadistBlue said:
I have no doubt we will see firmware changes at some point. However it is still early for the mod scene on the wii. Heck we haven't even decrypted the VC yet.

Why are you waiting for a solderless one? A couple of systems never get to see a solderless chip grace their system. At the rate of how things are going for the hardware revisions for the wii, there won't be one anytime soon either.

20070525_4f36634031fad02fd6d1bW0Qt0tsXiag.jpg

bubs said:
What newb did that chip? it looks like they melted the plastic on that component? wtf??
You are a noob for not knowing that Nintendo is breaking off the legs and that picture is the only way to mod them. This was the stopgap measure before the new D2C chip could be put into production.

JLU51396 said:
So it won't cost any money to get the updates?
Even if they did hack the firmware, it would involve some sort of homebrew (aka modchip) to run.

paintba||er said:

You wouldn't necessarily need a modchip. Just look at the PSP and 360.

I was under the impression the 360 required some sort of modchip to alter the firmware. The psp scene I'm unsure about, so I can't comment.

ciper said:
If you download them fron the internet then no!

Some games come with the update built in. Most of the games made by Nintendo have updates on them. I think Pokemon has the 2.2 update? Someone want to confirm that?

Do you have to download the updates manualy or does it do it automatically from the internet on the Wii? If so what exactly do the updates do? Sorry for so many questions but I'm going to be getting a Wii soon and I want to make sure theirs no extra hidden fees and the rest of the are question are due to my curiosity about the Wii that I can't find anwsers to.

You can check for updates manually but I think if you configure the Wii properly it will notify you of new updates automatically. The updates can do nearly anything. Some add new features like being able to view files on the SD card while others fix problems like missing parent controls on the shopping channel

I have one more question; When you buy a Wii and you get the one remote/nunchuk attachment with the sensor bar and you buy an extra controller do you need to buy an extra sensor bar?

JLU51396 said:
I have one more question; When you buy a Wii and you get the one remote/nunchuk attachment with the sensor bar and you buy an extra controller do you need to buy an extra sensor bar?
No you do not need another sensor bar, lol. They share the same one in the center of your television. the firmware updates are just that, updates. Free.

another two questions; If my DS doesn't work on my router does that mean my Wii won't? and the second; When you buy the Nintendo USB Connector can it work on DS and Wii together for example: If I were to be on the internet on my Wii and then get my DS and get on the internet with it, could that be possible or do you have to keep the USB connector into either Wii or DS?

JLU51396 said:
another two questions; If my DS doesn't work on my router does that mean my Wii won't? and the second; When you buy the Nintendo USB Connector can it work on DS and Wii together for example: If I were to be on the internet on my Wii and then get my DS and get on the internet with it, could that be possible or do you have to keep the USB connector into either Wii or DS?
What does that have to do with this topic?

paintba||er said:

What does that have to do with this topic?

Not much but I'm getting a Wii soon and I tried to ask questions in a thread specifically for questions but it seems that that thread is old and no one posts in, Sorry for some many questions, I'm just trying to make sure I have everything I need for the Wii and everything works.

JLU51396 said:
Not much but I'm getting a Wii soon and I tried to ask questions in a thread specifically for questions but it seems that that thread is old and no one posts in, Sorry for some many questions, I'm just trying to make sure I have everything I need for the Wii and everything works.
So search for the answer and if you can't find it then make a new thread. Don't flood other threads with **** that is irrelevant to the topic.

Back