Halo 3 Beta...Good or Bad idea for Bungie?

The Plague

Village Idiot
Apr 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
1182-9984-2366-3934
As you all know, the public beta was launched Wednesday night. (Due to technical problems) People get to play the game and get a feel for it before it comes out...But will this just have the gamers crave the game more and more?? Think about this:

The bad side is that some people will be playing the Beta that WONT like it, so they won't buy the game...Which will affect Bungie's sales...And addicted-gamers that are in the beta might just play so much that they eventually get sick of the game.

And while this gives time for Bungie to FIX problems...It gives time for the users to FIND problems, and abuse them

BOTTOM LINE: Was it worth the risk of possibly losing a lot of $$$ for the sake of fixing the errors in the game before its publicly released?

I think Bungie made a wise decision..Why wait til the actually game gets released to start fixing problems when they can have the game completely(or mostly) glitch/error free?...I'd be willing to lose a couple sales in order to fix errors...

Errors include: modders,standbyers,bridgers,bugs,glitches..etc

if people dont like the beta, they can give their feedback and then bungie can look into that
there will most likley be a demo before/during the game is released so people would have been able to try it out before hand anyways
people dont really get sick of halo, theres not much to do in the beta, its very limited, but when the game comes out theres so much more and its to hard to get sick of
with those bugs and what not found, people can report them to bungie and bungie will take care of them before release

It can't be a bad thing it sparked so much press and hype that if you didn't already know about Halo 3 you do know even my mom knows about it without me telling her a thing about Halo

Back