Handheld after DS Lite?

bubble0doo

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2007
I was just wondering, I'm interested in a hand-held and I find the DS a bit primitive even though it's pretty good. I know you recently came out with the DS lite, and that's great and all.

But I was wondering what you have in mind for the next handheld.

bubble0doo said:
I was just wondering, I'm interested in a hand-held and I find the DS a bit primitive even though it's pretty good. I know you recently came out with the DS lite, and that's great and all.

But I was wondering what you have in mind for the next handheld.
You do realize that this board is not operated by Nintendo don't you?

You seem to be speaking like this is a message to Ninty. Just email them

As for the next hand-held, here is my idea from a while back:

nintendotsid6.jpg

Yeah, I suppose I did kinda direct this to Nintendo themselves.

You can E-Mail them? WOuld you actualy geta reasponce?

That idea is kinda....messed :shocked: ....Too many screens I find. But I guess it could be promising

bubble0doo said:
Yeah, I suppose I did kinda direct this to Nintendo themselves.

You can E-Mail them? WOuld you actualy geta reasponce?

That idea is kinda....messed :shocked: ....Too many screens I find. But I guess it could be promising
The Nintendo TS is only a joke :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
You do realize that this board is not operated by Nintendo don't you?

You seem to be speaking like this is a message to Ninty. Just email them

As for the next hand-held, here is my idea from a while back:

nintendotsid6.jpg

I love you...

:lol:

somethings that may be possible on the next nintendo handheld.....

90% says that it will be an evolution of the Nintendo DS (end of gameboy even nintendo is polling if they should retire the old fellow.. well after decades of dominating i think it is time for the gameboy to retire in peace since the GBA also did very well .... and if a new gameboy came out and failed... well talk about a bad end...)

with that being said..... we can expect the following.... (my personal reasoning )

2 touch screens - 45% ... although it seems logical for the next DS to have both screens touchable... it would take out a lot of the tactics in the style of games.... mainly games which require the touch screen ... it would make many games much easier..... but that is not nessesary what we want.. we want a challange sometimes.... (if you played yoshi touch and go you would understand how much easier and more boring the game would be if the top screen was touchable). Also if you noticed the top screen of the DS looks more sharp than the one on the bottom thus if both screens are touchable then they would both not be as sharp... which leads to my next point

better hardware - 99% be it processor or graphics it wil have better hardware.... it might not be up to GC standards or even PSP standards.. but it will be better.

better screens - 75% screens being more sharp and have a higher resolution (ties in with hardware) and if posssible for the next DS to have a screen like the Iphone or Ipod Touch (where the touching does not effect the screen quality) then it the chances for a duel touch screen goes up significantly.

Better 'touch' - 80% there are times when no matter how well you calibrate your touch screen it will still be a little off... or sometimes it does not sense your touch at all ... this should be improved with the next DS.. again if they are able to use apple technology they might even have multipoint touch screens where you are able to touch more than one point at time on the screen.

increase battery power - 60% seems logical .. however with the improved hardware the improved battery might perform the same if not less than the DS lite

WiFi Draft-N support - 40% this will depend how long before the next DS comes along.... and if wireless N has caught on in the homes at that time.

no GBA support - 99% - with nintendo polling to decide if they would let the gameboy RIP it is high unlikely that they would add the support...... there is a higher chance that they would....

"DS-lite support" - 85% .... nintendo has a HUGE library of games.... and like the two handhelds before they are always backwards compatable.... and because of this it helps the sales.... so .. if it an't broke... dont fix it...

For now that is all i can think of ..... hope it sparks some imagination

Last edited:
The iPhone and some other new Apple products have a touch screen that can detect two different touch points simultaneously. That could add some interesting possibilities to games.

Skippy said:
The iPhone and some other new Apple products have a touch screen that can detect two different touch points simultaneously. That could add some interesting possibilities to games.

as i said... yah , but it will not be easy for nintendo to use that tech from apple..

Back