HD Componet Cable for Wii

EvilAquaSnipe

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Hi, I have a HD tv and I am planning on buying a HD Componet Cable for my Wii when I get one... I was looking at them on the net and I saw that there is a PREMIUM Nintnedo Wii Component Video Cable that has a copper connector with 24K gold plating for the highest video and audio quality. Braided high-density copper, foil, and ferrite shielding against RF interference. Nitrogen-injected foam dielectric. Durable outer nylon braid, and resistant to temperature extremes. That is more expensive than this one...

Penguin United Component Video Cable for Wii.
Wii component video cable enables 480P (progressive) video display resolution between the Wii console and your Television. This is the highest video display resolution currently supported by the Wii console and it makes a HUGE difference on your HDTV.

I was wondering if the PREMIUM Nintnedo Wii Component Video Cable is better than the other one or if it doesnt matter.

Thanks

EvilAquaSnipe said:
Hi, I have a HD tv and I am planning on buying a HD Componet Cable for my Wii when I get one... I was looking at them on the net and I saw that there is a PREMIUM Nintnedo Wii Component Video Cable that has a copper connector with 24K gold plating for the highest video and audio quality. Braided high-density copper, foil, and ferrite shielding against RF interference. Nitrogen-injected foam dielectric. Durable outer nylon braid, and resistant to temperature extremes. That is more expensive than this one...

Penguin United Component Video Cable for Wii.
Wii component video cable enables 480P (progressive) video display resolution between the Wii console and your Television. This is the highest video display resolution currently supported by the Wii console and it makes a HUGE difference on your HDTV.

I was wondering if the PREMIUM Nintnedo Wii Component Video Cable is better than the other one or if it doesnt matter.

Thanks

Gold plating doesn't equal better picture. . .it just makes the cable longer lasting as Gold is very corrosion resistant. If you want high quality picture you'd buy silver wires (for a pretty penny) but they don't have a long life span so you'd have to keep replacing them (silver isn't corrosion resistant like gold).

To the point of wether you should buy third-party cables or not. . .I'd go with the Nintendo brand ones. They are a few bucks extra, but I always like to know that if I have troubles with my cables Nintendo will be there to help; if you use third-party and you give Nintendo a call then they'll easily say that its the third-party hardware that causing you an issue.

Last edited:
I didn't think the Wii supported more than 480i/480p as it wasn't an HD console system. We have a 42" LCD HDTV we use for our 360 here, and the Wii's graphics are nothing against this 1080i **** lol.

Can the Wii truly go HD or at least get far superior quality to the factory cable with a new component cable?

the wii is not HD capable. Well at least not yet. I'm pretty sure some software updates can do that in the future. At least from what i've heard the 360 did that. BTW: From what i have noticed, the component cables that make it 480p instead of 480i makes it more crisp. sharp looking. hope that helps

Oh okay. I didn't think it could do HD, that'd be nice if they update that later though. Still fun either way though and Zelda still looks pretty darn good.

We currently run our 360 on 1080i and it's amazing on FIFA 07 and Burnout. ****, any game is amazing.

Hi, This is my first post, I want to know if buying a component cable will make my picture quality go up. At the moment im using the cable witch came in the box at 576i. Will using a component cable at 480p be better?

How much are they anyways and are they really worth it or is it better to save money for another game? The quality is mediocre now, I actually think ou gamecube looks a tad bit better still on our 42" LCD HDTV...but it might be okay on a smaller regular TV screen, might just be our TV. Normal stuff doesn't look to friendly on HDTV's really once you experience HD like I have lol.

I might get those cables though if it helps enough, anyone have before after pictures by any chance?

I've been looking around but only see 3rd party HD cables for the Wii to get 480p resolutions. Anyone know where to find the Nintendo brand ones by any chance?

SinceNine19 said:
How much are they anyways and are they really worth it or is it better to save money for another game? The quality is mediocre now, I actually think ou gamecube looks a tad bit better still on our 42" LCD HDTV...but it might be okay on a smaller regular TV screen, might just be our TV. Normal stuff doesn't look to friendly on HDTV's really once you experience HD like I have lol.

I might get those cables though if it helps enough, anyone have before after pictures by any chance?

ps2video.jpg

Best composite vs component pic I have.

Thanks so much for the effort! I actually found a comparison of the cables online at gamespot or something they did a review on the Wii totally hardware to software in and out. Honestly the picture looks worth buying the extra cables to use for Component over Composite by far! Zelda looked so crisp compared to the stock cables. I think I'll pick some up for sure. Just hafta find them somewhere! Anyone know where?

SinceNine19 said:
I think I'll pick some up for sure. Just hafta find them somewhere! Anyone know where?
I picked up a set of React component cables from Best Buy for $24.99. They seemed to have plenty in stock at my Best Buy, yours may be different.

The picture is definitely more crisp on my Samsung 56" DLP.

Back