Headset For The Wii. NOW NINTENDO!

Why not a Blootooth ear piece instead of a complete headset. It's smaller, lighter and easier to transport. You will look like you came out of a Star Trek episode though.

IT costs $39.99
go to frys.com
put the cursor on games then on wii then accessories and it should be near the bottom of the page.

wiisic said:
IT costs $39.99
go to frys.com
put the cursor on games then on wii then accessories and it should be near the bottom of the page.

They want voice chat, your link only shows a set of earphones (no mic).

i would love a headset for the wii to be able to use it on mario strikers/Madden/Brawl.....and then if a baseball game came out with online that too!

Well i think some of you missed a Wii-Mote post earlyer, There was somthing about a small MIC in the Wii-Mote that will (HOPEFULLY)`be used for online play.

Vedelkin10 said:
Well i think some of you missed a Wii-Mote post earlyer, There was somthing about a small MIC in the Wii-Mote that will (HOPEFULLY)`be used for online play.

The Wiimote has a chip designed for audio conversion, but it has no microphone. People theorize that some wiimote extension (that would have it's own mic) could use that chip, though it's hard to think of a way to use it for online gaming communication (more likely for mini-games games that would accept limited voice commands), because you need the mic to pick up your voice and not everything else. If you're waving the wiimote around with a mic attachment it wouldn't be very effective (as TC noted), or if you need a nunchuck for whatever game you're playing, it would be useless. A bluetooth headset that connected to the Wii itself wouldn't need any such assistance, and that's the most likely tool for good online voice chat.

Wiinter said:
The Wiimote has a chip designed for audio conversion, but it has no microphone. People theorize that some wiimote extension (that would have it's own mic) could use that chip, though it's hard to think of a way to use it for online gaming communication (more likely for mini-games games that would accept limited voice commands), because you need the mic to pick up your voice and not everything else. If you're waving the wiimote around with a mic attachment it wouldn't be very effective (as TC noted), or if you need a nunchuck for whatever game you're playing, it would be useless. A bluetooth headset that connected to the Wii itself wouldn't need any such assistance, and that's the most likely tool for good online voice chat.
:eek: D: I CAN'T HANDLE YOU'RE SMARTNESS DX lol, I guess i was over doing it a bit you could say D:,.. >->;

I'd ever only use a headset when playing with friends. 'Cause I hate the sound of vulgarity. I know, call me crazy.

But a headset would be NICE, but not NEEDED.

*cough* hardware forum. now! *cough*

I realy do want a headset, bluetooth ftw. But you need online games to use it too. Only so many online games are announced.

Trulen said:
I'd ever only use a headset when playing with friends. 'Cause I hate the sound of vulgarity. I know, call me crazy.

I empathize.

trulen said:
But a headset would be NICE, but not NEEDED.

For others, it is a vital piece of equipment. It all depends on what your idea of the online experience is, and which games you forsee going online with. If you have FPS multiplayer vs teams with 8 to 16 players on your side, you need a quick way to communicate to different groups within your team; Need. If you had something like MS Allegiance (that'll never happen), again, because of how integral team play is and how fast paced the game is, voice chat is vital.

It is, however, good to be a low maintenance consumer whenever you can. At the very least, the fewer demands you have, the happier you're likely to be. I congratulate you on your contribution to low maintenance nexus. My contribution is not caring whether 15 more pokeman games are released for the Wii. :)

Back