HELP - Lady in need of advice

danlojo

WiiChat Member
Aug 14, 2007
This has been asked before but I cant find an answer except for the same trouble shooting advice the paperwork gives in the Wii box

The kids were merrily playing along and the handsets just stopped working. They were both flashing blue but no cursor on the screen.

We've done the change battery, check battery, turn on and off, attempt at re sync but nothing except flashing lights and going off.

Are they duffed and do I need to speak to nintendo/dixons tomorrow or can I try something else?

Help purleeeeease.

Thanks
A

re set the wii

its a little glitch that happens here and there

and re sync by pressing the wii resync button first then the wiimotes'

but its mostly a matter of just a simple reset

som1 said:
re set the wii

its a little glitch that happens here and there

and re sync by pressing the wii resync button first then the wiimotes'

but its mostly a matter of just a simple reset

Yeah, you have to resync the Wii and the Wiimotes.

Lol! I freaked out as well. No worries!! :p

♦/Steph

Ive tried all the re sync options but the flamin thing isnt working. The lights flash on the wii mote when any of the buttons are pressed but go off and there is no cursor.

When I resync are we pointing the wii mote at the sensor bar or the console.

Im having to stop the lads throwing it out of the window but many thanks for the quick responses!!

A

Well, lets see..

I found this on Yahoo! Answers for you.

Turn the Wii console on and wait until the "Health & Safety" screen appears (don't press A).

2. Open the SD Card slot cover on the front of the Wii console, just below the disc drive, and press and hold the red SYNC button for 15 seconds. This will clear all synced Wii Remotes from the console.

Resync the Wii Remote by removing the battery cover and pressing the red "SYNC" button. Do this for all Wii Remotes you wish to use, and test for proper response.

If the steps above do not work, remove the batteries of the Wii Remote and leave them out for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Reinsert the batteries and sync the Wii Remote again. Test for proper response.

If after removing the batteries for several minutes, and resyncing the Wii Remote, your still unable to get the Wii Remotes to work, try syncing another Wii Remote if available.

* If another Wii Remote works, then your previous Wii Remote will need to be repaired.

* If multiple Wii Remotes do not work, or you only have one Wii Remote, a repair of the Wii console is necessary.

Last edited:
Both the wii motes wont work :mad:(,....... guess it may be duffed?????????

A

Grrrrrrrrr, only had it a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for the replies..........

A

Have you tried pressing 1+2 on the 1st Wii Remote controller on the screen where it gives you the warning ---> (When the console its first turned on). If that doesn't work, send it back.

Does it matter which wii mote we return with the console as we cant remember which one came with the console and which one was with the PLAY game?

I cant believe this as its only a week old:mad:(

A

I'm assuming that it didn't work. I'm sure it will not matter which Wii Remote you send back.

this happened to me once. just unplug the wii and plug it back in the wall or wherever its plugged in. good luck:thumbsup:

danlojo said:
Does it matter which wii mote we return with the console as we cant remember which one came with the console and which one was with the PLAY game?

I cant believe this as its only a week old:mad:(

A

Take it back to the shop, Dixons, by law have to either refund you the money, offer a replacement or get the unit fixed within an agreed amount of time (this time period should be a sensible one).

Under the Sales of Good Act, consumers (i.e. you) are protect to the extent in which a shop must provide a product that is fit for purpose.

In the case of somthing going faulty, the retailer is responsible for the first 30 days. So if Dixons say you will have to contact Nintendo (you can do that if you prefer, but do what is easiest for you), you can tell them, "No, you have a responsibility under the Sales of Goods Act to refund or replace this machine."

Hope that helps

Nin10Dude64 said:
this happened to me once. just unplug the wii and plug it back in the wall or wherever its plugged in. good luck:thumbsup:

I agree..... try taking the power cord either out of the wall or out of the back of the wii. Leave for 30 seconds then replace and retry. Got to be worth giving it a go?

Back