Schneideren

Software Engineer Student
May 8, 2007
Denmark
Wii Online Code
3299-0924-7094-7534
I've made my internet access point with the help of my laptop. Like this:

Cable -> Laptop -> Wireless -> Wii.

So far so good. Now comes the trouble, the Wii can find the SSID (my laptop connection) and even see that ive made a WEP-password on the connection, but but but - here all the fun stops.... When the Wii wants to test the connection i receive "Error message 51030, could not find acces point" - damn :S

Anyone, please help me!

Yours truely...

Or is this even a possible solution to get the wii online? (fingers crossed I hope so)

Schneideren said:
I've made my internet access point with the help of my laptop. Like this:

Cable -> Laptop -> Wireless -> Wii.

So far so good. Now comes the trouble, the Wii can find the SSID (my laptop connection) and even see that ive made a WEP-password on the connection, but but but - here all the fun stops.... When the Wii wants to test the connection i receive "Error message 51030, could not find acces point" - damn :S

Anyone, please help me!

Yours truely...

Be sure that the encryptioncode is the same on the laptop and on the Wii, If you can have WPA-PSK with an AES key, then go for it, WPA is better than WEP and AES is better tha TKIP. Is your Laptop can give
Try not to hide the SSID. When everything works you can hide it again. Mine had trouble the first time finding it.

I suppose you are using and USB-adapter, right?

Take a look at this website http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp, maybe it can help you a bit.

I believe there is a problem with the encryption-key, as it can find your Laptop, but then it goes down. a Wepkey is much complicated to write/type than a WPA-PSK key.

oh yes, if you are trying the first time, try using a simple password/keyword, because you might have to type it a hundred times for trying :D

HTH

Thank you. Although it havnt helped me yet, tried to make the connection without a code at all - and still nothing :(

and no, im not having a usb-adapter - im making my laptop so as it works as a access point without

Last edited:
Schneideren said:
Thank you. Although it havnt helped me yet, tried to make the connection without a code at all - and still nothing :(

and no, im not having a usb-adapter - im making my laptop so as it works as a access point without

1) The SSID is written on both sides the same?
2) DO you have on the Laptop DHCP set, so it will give automaticcaly an IP to the Wii?
3) Don´t have any Firwall aplication running that is blocking the Wii?
4) You say that you have left out the WEP encryption, so for now we can forget the that.

Still it sound a security problem. Can your laptop have only WEP encryption (if it is onder dan 2 years, and has an internal Wifi probably will)

Oh yes, try setting up so that you are working only on channel 1 or 11

I've changed the channel to 1 now, and still doesnt work at all. and yes - my IBM T42 computer can only WEP-encrypt. and the SSID is written correct on both sides.... :(

Is the SSID hidden? If so, try to show it. besure that the DHCP is set on automatic, so you don´tt have to put an IP on the Wii.
Are the two machines in the same room? If not, try so, just in case (I had to chane my router so that I coudl have Internet access).
Oh yes, remove all 2,4Ghz gizmo (telephones, wireless camaras, microwaves,...) they just screw it up.

They are both in the same room. Hidden? No, the wii can find the SSID that my laptop are having the wireless connection upon. It just say when it is testing the connection that it could not find the access point!

This one is getting tricky. Cause you have what it needs.
I know the Wii is very tricky with the security stuff. I also had a lot of problems But I would go and buy the USB-Wifi for the laptop, beacuse for some reasons:

1) First I am sure it will give you better protection WPA2-PSK with an AES key
2) If that doesn´t work your Wii might be broken.
Try buying it in a big supermarket, so that if it also doesn´t work, you can exchange it and get your money back

Thx mate.
And im sure my wii aint broken ;) hehe!

Good luck!
Go to the link I posted earlier, and then to the USB conection-> troubleshooting. They might give you more ideas/help.....

Cheers

Back