Help: Not sure if Wii is for me.

"as amusing as your comment it its not entirely true. most 360s dont break and even when they do, in most situations it doesnt break multiple times"

I know this dont apply to all 360s but my brother had to ship his back twice... but he think it may have been fudged in the shipping truck on the return.

Sovieto said:
woah! wii is focused around party fun more than single player or online id say. the only good single player games are made by nintendo and only 2 of those are truly awesome. 360 and ps have the games like bioshock, oblivion, god of war, mass effect, too human, uncharted, and so on and so forth. oO
None of those games are really suitable for 5 or 8 year olds though are they.

PIZ said:
I think I am going to stop at Gamestop and see if they can give my kids a demo of the Wii. Do they do that for you?

Thanks again.

The gamestops/eb games/etc by me have them on display as well as the Target's/Walmarts/Etc however usually they aren't hooked up. But atleast at a store like gamestop or something it's relatively small so if it isn't hooked up you have a chance of someone working there helping you out and hooking it up for you to test it out. Also the nice part about those stores is the emplyees tend to be gamers where as a lot of the time(not all the time though) the employees at big department stores aren't that into gaming, it's just a paycheck(nothing wrong with that, i've been in that boat before too). So even if the Wii at gamestop can't be hooked up you generally can speak to someone who knows the system and the games.

-Kyle

well yeah it was because we are trying to see which console is suitable for this mans kids who are 5 and 8

Sovieto said:
uhh that wasnt the point :/
Then what was the point? Its supposed to be a thread helping decide what console would be suitable for 5 and 8 year old kids, not one extoiling why a console is good due to the amount of mature games it has. Besides if you are including unreleased 360/PS3 games in their 'good game list' then you could also include the upcoming Wii games too, like Mario Galaxy for a start.

It would be more helpful to list the 360 or PS3 games that would actually be good for young children. The only decent reason ive read so far is that the 360 is similar to the original Xbox so the controls wouldnt be much of a change.

Back