HELP - Should I buy LOZ:TP (JP)?

nijnahc

wii@hk
Jan 8, 2007
hongkong
I'm a newbie here. 1st post so please bear with me.

I'm facing an ongoing nightmare predicament with LOZ:TP! Should I buy LOZ:TP Japanese version?

I live in Hong Kong (can't read or understand any Japanese.
Unfortunately Wii is still not officially launched anywhere in Asia outside of Japan :frown2: ) and desperate to play Wii Sports (language obviously not a major issue with sports) have bought the JP console hoping that with freeloader available down the line :worship: I would be able to buy games locally (great price/choice/convenience). Or worst case scenerio, if freeloader isn't available, still play official HK games with major titles generally available in English format (ie. past experience with PS2).

Now almost 1 month later, having engaged many hours on Wiisports & fun making many Mii's to take my mind off it, I'm no longer able to restrain myself and am about to tip over the edge. I MUST START PLAYING LOZ:TP! But I'm afraid with all the in-game instruction and story in Japanese, I will be helplessly lost and wouldn't be as engage in the game play. Would an english game manual help overcome this? If so, anyone know where I can find this.

I blame Nintendo for still not officially releasing Wii in HK and for the stupid region-lock. I even read somewhere that it may never be release here because of the piracy problems in Asia. I blame you guys for continuing to rave about this game been the best. I blame all the forums and gamesites for voting it the BEST DAMN GAME and a MUST HAVE.

Help!

I don't know what you should do but I can tell you right now playing this game and a language you don't know will realy it ruin it and make it incredibly hard.

For the best experience in TP, you've gotta play it in a familiar language. I'd suggest you wait longer and hope for the best.

nijnahc, I am in the same case as you (except I live in korea and Wii will only be released here in winter 2007....).
I strongly suggest you to wait for an english language version or a freeloader for Zelda.
However, some fun games you can buy, and in which language is not an issue are Wii games(1st step with Wii or something like that) and Bleach (menus are subtitled in english).
Let me know if you get some good japanese games playable without knowing the language ! I am not a big fan of retro games...

nijnahc said:
I'm a newbie here. 1st post so please bear with me.

I'm facing an ongoing nightmare predicament with LOZ:TP! Should I buy LOZ:TP Japanese version?

I live in Hong Kong (can't read or understand any Japanese.
Unfortunately Wii is still not officially launched anywhere in Asia outside of Japan :frown2: ) and desperate to play Wii Sports (language obviously not a major issue with sports) have bought the JP console hoping that with freeloader available down the line :worship: I would be able to buy games locally (great price/choice/convenience). Or worst case scenerio, if freeloader isn't available, still play official HK games with major titles generally available in English format (ie. past experience with PS2).

Now almost 1 month later, having engaged many hours on Wiisports & fun making many Mii's to take my mind off it, I'm no longer able to restrain myself and am about to tip over the edge. I MUST START PLAYING LOZ:TP! But I'm afraid with all the in-game instruction and story in Japanese, I will be helplessly lost and wouldn't be as engage in the game play. Would an english game manual help overcome this? If so, anyone know where I can find this.

I blame Nintendo for still not officially releasing Wii in HK and for the stupid region-lock. I even read somewhere that it may never be release here because of the piracy problems in Asia. I blame you guys for continuing to rave about this game been the best. I blame all the forums and gamesites for voting it the BEST DAMN GAME and a MUST HAVE.

Help!

Well I can't help with your Wii situation but I would like to know why you live in Japan. How is it over there? I have always wanted to go. How hard is it to eat and live there if you aren't used to the food and don't speak the language?

Kitkat bar, if my understanding is right, he says he lives in Hong Kong (and bought an imported Wii).

I'm also in this situation but I decide to bought wii (jp) a week ago and, to tell you the truth, it worth 2710 HK$. Since I play Japanese games for a long time(DQ 1), even without Japanese language skill I can still enjoy it.

Right now I am very happy with wii, the only problem is I cannot connect to wii shop. I am not sure if it caused by my ISP side (in Shenzhen) or Nintendo side.

Arnaud said:
Kitkat bar, if my understanding is right, he says he lives in Hong Kong (and bought an imported Wii).

Sorry I meant China, I wanted to know how he liked it over there.

Last edited:
nope i cannot help, but u do need to play TP in english to fully enjoy the game!!!!!!!

To fully enjoy the game?! Man you can't play the game at all in Japanese, so many things are to be said, you won't get anywhere! I suggest selling your Japanese Wii and getting an imported UK/American version! Take a trip, you dont normally get stung for customs then

SiE said:
To fully enjoy the game?! Man you can't play the game at all in Japanese, so many things are to be said, you won't get anywhere! I suggest selling your Japanese Wii and getting an imported UK/American version! Take a trip, you dont normally get stung for customs then

have to agree, it wouldnt be a case of how much you enjoy it, you just wouldnt be able to play it, you wouldnt know whats going on or what to do...

thats really unlucky about not having them released there yet...

nijanhc, I don't know if it helps but I suggest you get LoZ : Windwalker for Gamecube : the asian version is in english, I bought it here in Korea for 15 USD.

It's probably not as good as LoZ : TP but it will make you wait until LoZ:TP is released in Asian version with english language (hopefully March) !
Except if you had a Gamecube before and already own that game, of course...

An Actual Answer To Your Question..

Definatly (In English!)
It Is A Stunning Game, However, If You Are Scared Easily Then Watch Out! Because Some Bits Are Freaky And Nerve Wreaking! Like When You Have To Go Into Wolf Sence, You Can Only See A Short Distance Aheadf So You Never No Whats Coming!
If Your Not, Then Do, Because The Controls Are Easy To Get Agrip Of And Are Comfortable To Use!
(The Story Is Good Aswell)

you probably won't like twilight princess if you can't understand the language.
I own it, and beat it. It's really good, but i think I wouldn't like it if it were in another language. i dunno. sorry.

Back