History of Sales

I couldn't include Wii, reports of how many sold just aren't accurate enough. Some say 3 million, others say 7 million units.

You didn't pay attention to what I wrote, vi3tmix. I said the systems that persued high end graphics, high end prices often failed. The more economic systems almost always won. The PS1-2 sold well because they had economically affordable products, games, system. The PS1 was more economic than the N64. Human greed seems to rear into each console wars, and has horrible results.

I beg to differ..

It shows more of a trend of loss in gaming interest for Nintendo and the power of Sony. First of all, you can't compare PS3/Wii/X360 yet.. because the race has just begun there. But If you look at XBox/GC/PS2, the PS2 was more expensive than the Gamecube (and still is), yet it heavily outsold it. Same goes for the PS1 and N64. Also, the GameBoy has sold 49 million.. but that is over a huge time span of roughly 10 years.. and the DS is just a little more than 2 years old with 37 million copies, but double the price.. and its also selling like hotcakes and will probably easily take over the sales of GB.. and XBox 360 is on pace to sell more than GameCube.. even at its much higher price tag.

The reason why Gamecube failed is because it had a crapy selection of games. It was mostly all kids games. Kids don't have money we adults do, and we choose the PS2 or XBOX becuase it had games we wanted. But yeah I had a Sega Saturn. Sega wanted to make alot of money and it back fired. My parents bought it because they figured the more expensive the better the systeam.

Back