How can we write complain letters to Nintendo?

itzzbalaez

WiiChat Member
Nov 9, 2006
Writing letters to Nintendo? How? We need to remind them what we want w/ online play!

I think we should all write letters to Nintendo about the stupid Friend Codes. I know we don't know what they really are for, if we will have lobbies in online games, or if we will be able to make a gamertag of some sort, but we NEED to get our voices heard and start to write to Nintendo and tell them how we want the online gaming to not be all for the kids and tryign to protect them. We need gamertags. We need lobbys. We need the mic as well for the full online experiece. In some games we need clans. Once they announce everything it will be too late. There is still time to change it.

Someone please post the email or something we can write to Nintendo at, and we ALL should write at least 1 letter, and tell other people on other forums to do the same. They can't ignore that many people's voices and opions. Make sure to include in your letter that if they want to protect kids, then put a parental block on them.

Last edited:
Yea.... you do.

Have you ever played Xbox Live or PS2 online witha good game? That is how online should be. I know you're going to say, go play that then, but why should the Wii be different from this? It works. It gives you the true online experiece. On a PS2 game called Socom 2, I met this kid from Mass, and played with him on it for over two years. We were in clans, doubles matches, playd and talked mostly every day. We became very close.

That is how I want the Wii online to be. How cool would it be to play SSBB and find some one cool on it to play with all the time? Who the hell wants to meet someone fun to play with and never see them again? It's just stupid, and the Wii online has to take a page out of Microsoft and Sony's book on this one if they want this system to be a success.

I tend to agree with the op here, so if i dont have any friends who have the wii how would i go about playing online? other than going through the forums and just putting in random peoples # into my system. If they can have a weather channel, a web browser, a shoping channel among other things i dont think a lobby system it so much to ask for, having to put friend # or what ever in your system to be able to play just sounds like a big hassle that i dont really want to deal with, but if it comes down to it i would do it to play online i just dont see why its needed

I will admit. The friend code system is pretty inconsistent, and the lag between sending, recieving, and adding people to your system is terrible. I am sure that in the future they will fine tune this feature somewhat, but right now it is a pretty confusing affair.

I had also read in an article about SSBB that they will not have any sort of ranking or standings for the online mode. I know that Nintendo is all about "fair play" and all that, but they seem to be completely anti-competition when it comes to the online play. That should be re-tweaked as well.

Yea mav, if I have to I will, but I can't see my self playing that long and keeping interest. After a while it will just get too annoying for me, and if there is no lobby system I don't see my self playing past a few weeks on any online game.

And the only person I know getting a Wii is my nieghbor, so what if he can't play? I have to go on and play by myself? I like having friends online to go and play with.

All I want to do is remind Nintendo that there is a older group of people playing, and they need to address that. What if we want to go and play at night? There will be no little kids playing, but we will still be restricted. Nintendo will lose many older customers if they don't address the older crowd too. All of you who agree with me and want a system like this should remind Nintendo to not forget about us and remind them what WE want, because after all, WE are the customers.

Carta said:
I will admit. The friend code system is pretty inconsistent, and the lag between sending, recieving, and adding people to your system is terrible. I am sure that in the future they will fine tune this feature somewhat, but right now it is a pretty confusing affair.

I had also read in an article about SSBB that they will not have any sort of ranking or standings for the online mode. I know that Nintendo is all about "fair play" and all that, but they seem to be completely anti-competition when it comes to the online play. That should be re-tweaked as well.

Wow.. I didn't know that. Yea they definately should. Competition is needed and is extremely fun to have. You can't just have fun after a few weeks of playing it by your self, especially with out some sort of ranking system. Geez.

I would think that when you can play games online whenever it is next year, they will come up with some sort of system where you can find players, and then have the option to add them as friends.

Just like I'm sure they will increase the address book to more than 20 pages and allow more than 100 Mii's on your system.

Just because the wii uses friend codes to send mii's/messages etc. doesn't mean games are being developed to where you need a friend code to play. It will probably be more like a lobby like was said above. You don't need friend codes to play people on DS either, they are just used if you want to play specific individuals.

that friend code **** is sooo ****ing annoying. I think when you try to register someones elses wii you should be able to accept it or not. Putting in both friend codes is a real pain in the ass.

I just want to remind them what we are epected and that the users want gamertags, easier friends lists, lobbys, etc.

I'm not complaining just yet. I will wait to see how it is before I complain, but it will be too late by then to have your voice heard. That is why we need to let them know now, while it is still in development. The title was a little off on what I really want to do.

itzzbalaez said:
I just want to remind them what we are epected and that the users want gamertags, easier friends lists, lobbys, etc.

I'm not complaining just yet. I will wait to see how it is before I complain, but it will be too late by then to have your voice heard. That is why we need to let them know now, while it is still in development. The title was a little off on what I really want to do.

*whisper* nintendo doesn't care */whisper*

Back