Nintendo is giving the Wii, DS, and other Retro Systems the "cold shoulder"...

SNES

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2011
United States
It's saddening when you think about it... You don't see any new GCN, NES, SNES, NDS, etc. games, but lo and behold, "Nintendo's latest game for the"... What's the thing... Oh, yeah, "3DS." Hey, Nintendo! NOT EVERYONE OWNS A 3DS, AND HERE YOU ARE, GUILTING PEOPLE INTO BUYING STUFF WE DON'T NEED. What's wrong with the DS? If it's a camera you want, BUY A CAMERA! Need to draw? USE A PENCIL AND PAPER! Want to use the internet? USE A COMPUTER! We are entering the "Lazy generation". For example, I asked some random 3rd graders if they knew what paper was. Guess what their answer was? "What's paper?" Seriously? (FYI, I asked 20 random 3rd graders at Fashion Fair.) This is what our children have become... "What's a pencil?" "What is a Palm Pilot (These are 21 y.os who ask this one)" "Writing letters is hard" and the biggie, "What's the [beach, forest, mountains, etc.] like?"

First nice name, second reason the make new consoles are when the are outdated and or other people in the market make something. If there was no Sony, Microsoft Nintendo might never have made a another system from nes and the days, but who knows.

P.S You must have asked mentally retarded kids for those questions.

P.S.S This generation is adapted around technology, so the sidetrack and stuff.

Hope that helps.:yesnod:

What's wrong with the DS? If it's a camera you want, BUY A CAMERA! Need to draw? USE A PENCIL AND PAPER! Want to use the internet? USE A COMPUTER! We are entering the "Lazy generation".
You're broke, and wish you had something fancy this Christmas. I think that's accurate enough.

The lazy generation indeed... But really, don't blame the companies; indeed, blame the generation. The fans demand gimmicks, console designers give said gimmicks. Once it starts it begins to spiral out of control, and every console is trying to out-gimmick the other, among other things. So now we have game console, phones, etc. that do everything a computer can but worse at it, and a ton of other useless ****. If Ninty decided they wouldn't make the 3DS this crazy 3D ****, had no camera and no internet capability, they'd lose huge sales to the new PSP. I'm not saying everyone would go buy a PSP instead, but kids are always looking for the most shiny, multi-feature toy.

Also, I'm calling bullshit on that paper question. >_> I mean, what the ****... I don't even understand how that's possible. Even I have more faith in humanity than to believe that without seeing it myself...

nice name

Beat me to it... Too busy playing Revelations' multiplayer. :D

You're broke, and wish you had something fancy this Christmas. I think that's accurate enough.

... I think that's truer for me than anyone else in this thread. ;_;

Yes, lets stick with retro. Hell, let's apply that to cars. I'm sure you'd love to have no AC, airbags, or anything that overshadows the outdated. Because that's what "gimmicks" do.

Air bag =/= gimmick. AC certainly is a gimmick; a really, really awesome gimmick.

Not all gimmicks are created equal, indeed...

First nice name, second reason the make new consoles are when the are outdated and or other people in the market make something. If there was no Sony, Microsoft Nintendo might never have made a another system from nes and the days, but who knows.

P.S You must have asked mentally retarded kids for those questions.

P.S.S This generation is adapted around technology, so the sidetrack and stuff.

Hope that helps.:yesnod:
I did NOT ask mentally hindered children that question. If I wanted to, I would ask a brick wall first. Go to a construction site and screw yourself in a plank of wood.

Where do you find room to store this bullshit? You must have to purchase a lot of Glade and Air Wick...

Mod edit: No double posting, use the edit button. If ya want two quotes in a single post, ... er, well figure it out since I don't know how. >_>; Or copypasta like I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nintendo is giving the Wii, DS, and other Retro Systems the "cold shoulder"..."
Where do you find room to store this bullshit? You must have to purchase a lot of Glade and Air Wick...
I say the same to you.
SNES said:
NOT EVERYONE OWNS A 3DS

Caps lock is indicative of rage. The subject that is raged is ownership. Therefore, you lack a 3ds. It can be concluded you most likely can't afford one.

I think he has a point. IN MY DAY calculators were banned from school and you had to learn to make nice letters and cursive (that's words connected with a line). Now we have spoiled little brats who can't learn a thing so they dumb down the school curiculum enough so these loser kids can put pickles on my big mac when I tell 'em no pickles....

Wait what does this have to do with nintendo? lol

Hahaha this thread is getting retarded off topic....

Lucky for us theres plenty of repros for almost any old system with lots of fan mods. Or make your own :yesnod: its not common for old tech to go into high enough demand to develop, manufacture and distribute new software. Until people start lining up for 8 track or cassette tapes, VHS, NES, SNES, Forget about it... Not enough people want these things... To narrow of a niche...

I think he has a point. IN MY DAY calculators were banned from school and you had to learn to make nice letters and cursive (that's words connected with a line). Now we have spoiled little brats who can't learn a thing so they dumb down the school curiculum enough so these loser kids can put pickles on my big mac when I tell 'em no pickles....

/lazy generation

You really can't complain 'bout cursive going out of use aside from one's signature, though... Writing etiquette is the least important it's ever been what with the internet age and such rolling in.

/lazy generation

You really can't complain 'bout cursive going out of use aside from one's signature, though... Writing etiquette is the least important it's ever been what with the internet age and such rolling in.

Gawd no one can tell you that 6x8=48 off the top of the head anymore. That's what cell phones are for.

I have to read a book every now and then just to see something called GRAMMAR!

History lessons are out the window now too. I have to explain to University graduates that Christopher Columbus wasn't looking for a new country to call America, he was looking for India, that's why we have this insulting term "Indians." They call me a liar, I tell 'em to go go back to High School, not like that would help the teachers don't know and they're too busy yelling at kids to PUT AWAY THAT ******* CELL PHONE!!!!

Do you know the difference between their, there, and they're theirs and there's? Of course you don't but don't worry there is a app for that.

Have you ever used a semicolon to join two sentences that share a related idea or did you think they put that on keyboards just for wink faces? ;)

Damn kids STOP PUTTING PICKLES ON MY BIG MAC!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back