How Did You Feel When You First Bought Super Mario Galaxy?

Before I even got it, my friend and I had to visit 2 stores to get it.

The first store was a mistake. We were so stupid. It was in a mall, the perfect place for a thousand nerdy kids to go pick up a game. It was already sold out by the time we got there.
Then, we visited the GameStop near my house. Oddly, the place didn't get much business. They even had TWO copies, for both of us. I felt so excited when I held it in my hands, except for the fact that they asked for my age and address. I was trading in some of my old crap just to get it, and since I was a minor, they wouldn't let me just trade it in for cash. Oh well, at least I got it for under $20:yikes:

Anyways, my friend opened his copy as soon as we got to his house. He popped it in, and we decided to do co-op mode. The only problem was that he sort of ruined the experience for me. I was just a helper hand, and I saw him go through the first 2 hours of the game. So when I got to my house and finally started playing my own copy, it wasn't as exciting. Still, it's a great game, and I feel like killing the next person who says it's easy.

I was amazed that the game wasn't sold out yet. I had to check back three times before I got Metroid.

pre ordere the game instore with the expectations it would sell out, when i went to pick up my copy on the day, around 8 hours after the store opened they still had loads.

anyway i will say this game is easy, i have completed it 100% now in 30 hours, for those of you who think thats a long time, thats

actually
15 hours per character,
its that easy

How Did You Feel When You First Bought Super Mario Galaxy?

I got that same feeling i did wen i first got my SNES and super mario world back in 91 (or was it 92).. or wen i first played SM64, something new, exciting and just purely entertaining.

Same way it felt when i got my wii. ITs just exiting to see what nintendo will do with an old genre and then screw with it until its fresh again. There was tons of SM64 copycats that were just ruining the platformer genre but with Mario Galaxy it just makes it new again. I no its kinda dorky to be so exited about a video game but whatever. i give this thing 9/10.

Same as when i got my wii!!! and playing through it made me feel really great. Upon completing the game with Mario and Luigi(121 stars) i felt all tingly inside. haha! great experience!!!

I waited till like last week to get it. but they had like 100 coppys on the 12 i did not go and get one with the coin lol and it is fun just the bosses piss me off. i tosed my wii mote at a wall cus i got so mad

I felt like I was born again.
And felt the need to not go to school to play it :lol:

Back