How do i play music on my wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samster said:
Tony602 - don't listen to this lot (with the exception of Kedarsashi who appears to know what he's talking about), - many have been using their Wii as a media player for a year now, not via the SD slot and PhotoChannel or playing music in-game...........but accessing their media via the Internet Channel

A totally crude way to do it is to use your GMAIL account. Email MP3's to your GMAIL address, when they come in add a music label to them so that you can filter out your music easily and they will play right there in your Opera Browser on the Wii. As I said this is really basic but it works

Better than that is to look at something like MiiMusic - this will let you use your Wii as a network MP3 player, which I'm sure is more what you're after. http://www.miimusic.com/welcome.html Your mp3's are streamed via your local WLAN to the Wii.

Finetune is brilliant - the front end is great on the Wii, but, you have specific criteria in terms of the size of a playlist and you can't run backwards through it............you're forced to listen to a fir bit of each track so you've not got total control. Saying that, the tag radio and artist radio within Finetune are superb.

There's a whole rake of other applications out there that all work. I've got one that streams movies from my PC to my Wii and works really well. ORB works pretty good on the Wii too, lets you manage all your music, movies and photos. Then of course their is WiiCR, BrowseAMP, AjaxAMP, Wii Media Centre X and there are also WinAmp streaming services for the Wii as well.

According to "TheJerm" none of the above exists of course - it's all a figment of my imagination. The Wii's a wireless device on your WLAN isn't it? Therefore of course you can use the Internet Channel to access your media............ the browser is the Wii's killer app - there's tons you can do with aside from playing games. I use mine to check and control PTZ cameras outside my home - there's a load of cool stuff aside from playing games.
Awesome!!!

Wii ... you sadly dissapointed me... and ........

The Wii is far more advanced? lol! I wonder why it only costs $250 when the others cost around $400...
Actually, you can't download songs, or anything for that matter, to your Wii on the Internet Channel. The only way to get songs on it is to put them on to an SD card and plug it into your Wii. You can't even download the songs to your Wii; they have to stay on the memory card. Also, you can only listen to the songs in a picture slideshow or Exite Truck and maybe a couple other games...

Hehee... just reading this lil page after a qk search as to why the wii wasnt accepting a simple music cd....Well i think the forum and ppls comments are entertaining me more than the Wii is right now.. and thats just not right for such a promising little machine... which has all this potentiallllllll..........Baaaaaah... and baa some more!! Ok poor lil old Wii.. i dont hate ya but i got all excited at the prospect of now using this as a replacement for my sons xbox being in the living room hooked up to tv as potential to stream some stuf.. maybe lovefilm as id heard... but no, no to even a music cd etc etc.... lol. I like the whole style of it, concept but why shouldnt it perform thesebasic functions i ak myself?!?!?!?!?!?! Hmm, any wii experts who can giveme at least some hope of it having a use in here apart from games s ....and playing with my Mii... who seems very lonely....;/......ok ill get an sd card for future but whats the useof the internet channell.....can it at least stream SOMETHING?????.. and what about a firmware or console update.... wii shud improve it this way now... i saw a msg about update but ignored it other day.. how can i access that again...any help would be fabulousssssssss........gdaay:))))'

Hehee... just reading this lil page after a qk search as to why the wii wasnt accepting a simple music cd....Well i think the forum and ppls comments are entertaining me more than the Wii is right now.. and thats just not right for such a promising little machine... which has all this potentiallllllll..........Baaaaaah... and baa some more!! Ok poor lil old Wii.. i dont hate ya but i got all excited at the prospect of now using this as a replacement for my sons xbox being in the living room hooked up to tv as potential to stream some stuf.. maybe lovefilm as id heard... but no, no to even a music cd etc etc.... lol. I like the whole style of it, concept but why shouldnt it perform thesebasic functions i ak myself?!?!?!?!?!?! Hmm, any wii experts who can giveme at least some hope of it having a use in here apart from games s ....and playing with my Mii... who seems very lonely....;/......ok ill get an sd card for future but whats the useof the internet channell.....can it at least stream SOMETHING?????.. and what about a firmware or console update.... wii shud improve it this way now... i saw a msg about update but ignored it other day.. how can i access that again...any help would be fabulousssssssss........gdaay:))))'

You just asked someone from a post 5 years ago for help. With such disregard for time, it's a wonder why your son hasn't starved due to you forgetting his meals for all of 2010.

<Comments removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back