How do you make youtube videos?

Plazmis3

Folm
Nov 23, 2007
NJ
Wii Online Code
5947-9433-5484-3177
I want to know how to make videos. I know you need movie maker and i have it, but what do you do from there? I'm not talking about slide shows or recording yourself with a camcorder or digital cameras though.

You mean getting the video onto Movie Maker? And editing it and such, or how to put it onto youtube as your thread reads.

To capture the video from your Wii:
- the cheap and low quality way: camcorder on a tripod, but trust me - this is going to look corny with 60Hz (50Hz in European PAL version) flicker.
- get a good and fast video capture card and record the captured video on your hard drive, so then you process it and send it to YouTube.com
- some video cards come with video-in jack; you may try capturing video this way. This may prove to be harder than it seems as some capturing software i.e. Microsoft MovieMaker (or whatever they call it) may not recognize the capturing the device (i.e. your video card's video-in port).
- another good way of capturing Wii videos is through digital camcorder which has composite AV inputs. Even better for you if it has pass-through encoding so you can hook it up to PC using FireWire or USB2 and then capture video on your PC. If not then just record the video on tape and then capture it on your computer.

Good luck!

BTW: don't ask about which video capture card to use. I was about to test my Hauppauge PVR-350, but I won't get around to it until later today or tomorrow. I will let you know. If you're running Windows Vista, PVR-350 is not your best choice.
It retails for ~$150 max. You can check the following site for other recommendations and tuturials on how to capture/edit videos - http://www.vcdhelp.com

Last edited:
Floydd said:
You mean getting the video onto Movie Maker? And editing it and such, or how to put it onto youtube as your thread reads.

yes, how do you put it into movie maker?

Okay you open up the program and then it should say on the left hand of the screen "1. Capture Video" . If you have your film on your camera then click capture from device. From a E-mail or memory stick whatever, click on Import Video.

well i my first vid is downloading right now but for some reason i couldnt put it on movie make. i wanted to edit it a little bit =(

Back