I bit the bullet and bought a PS3...

Celestial said:
I think they make profit from us in the UK... Meh, I don't mind..

Does the 360 Elite have wireless built in by the way?
No, its $100 add on. MS just shoop da woop.

vagrant said:
never did online gaming on a pc?

No I haven't. I don't even have any gaming friends either. They see games as something that's kind of a waste. That's why I'm eager to try the on-line gaming.

I don't understand how it works though. I did get a bluetooth headset. It's charging right now, so I can't use it. While gaming can you only talk to one person at a time? Or is it everyone you are playing with? How does it all work?

captainff said:
Equivalent UK price £300 ($2=£1)

Actual UK price £460 (60gb version)

Not a dig at the PS3, but if you look at the price difference between the US and UK you can see why sometimes UK gamers think it is expensive. Even the Wii is relatively cheaper in the US.
But aren't the 360 and its accessories more expensive there too?

Ps3 actually sold really well here in the Uk and Europe, Americans seemed to be a litte tighter with their money, they are the ones complaining the most, now im not having a go at any Americans or anything but they complain about it being too expensive.......we pay.....roughly $800 for a Ps3 when use won't stop complaining about it being $599, recently $499 now, its kind of annoys me too say the least, also for games over here it ranges from £29.99 -£49.99 we are paying between $60-$100 for our games. Use have the best deals, we are actually getting ripped off compared too use but use complain more, just a joke.

---Brian--- said:
Ps3 actually sold really well here in the Uk and Europe, Americans seemed to be a litte tighter with their money, they are the ones complaining the most, now im not having a go at any Americans or anything but they complain about it being too expensive.......we pay.....roughly $800 for a Ps3 when use won't stop complaining about it being $599, recently $499 now, its kind of annoys me too say the least, also for games over here it ranges from £29.99 -£49.99 we are paying between $60-$100 for our games. Use have the best deals, we are actually getting ripped off compared too use but use complain more, just a joke.
Us Americans have alot of other bills/responsibilities to take care of. Thats why I bought a Wii over PS3, I couldnt live with paying 600+ for a gaming machine. Hell, I pay 700 just to live in a apt every month. But like everything else, be patient and the prices always drop.

ps3 is awesome but i just bought a wii so i will probaly buy a ps3 for chrismas

INEED2WII said:
Us Americans have alot of other bills/responsibilities to take care of. Thats why I bought a Wii over PS3, I couldnt live with paying 600+ for a gaming machine. Hell, I pay 700 just to live in a apt every month. But like everything else, be patient and the prices always drop.

woah man, US americans are not like you. Dont try to pull me into your twisted view of us.

$599 is not a lot of money. In the UK, people who have hobbies are willing to spend as much as need be for their hobbies, thats a good mentality to have. Im not saying americans are stingy, not at all, but there is a larger whiney group of kids that are more vocal about it found here. Then again, country sizes are also completely different too.

$599 is not a lot of money, and us USA peeps spend a lot more on PCs than anyone else in the world. The PS3 is basically a console with PC power and cababilities, thats a good thing. Once people start seeing the PS3 as such, it will make a huge difference.

You know the American health care system has the worst system out of any developed country on the planet. I credit Europe to a drastically better health system. Currently in the USA there are 6 million children with no health care at all. Factors like this harm high priced items. Unless you want to buy a PS3 instead of braces for your kid's teeth.

Shiftfallout said:
woah man, US americans are not like you. Dont try to pull me into your twisted view of us.

$599 is not a lot of money. In the UK, people who have hobbies are willing to spend as much as need be for their hobbies, thats a good mentality to have. Im not saying americans are stingy, not at all, but there is a larger whiney group of kids that are more vocal about it found here. Then again, country sizes are also completely different too.

$599 is not a lot of money, and us USA peeps spend a lot more on PCs than anyone else in the world. The PS3 is basically a console with PC power and cababilities, thats a good thing. Once people start seeing the PS3 as such, it will make a huge difference.
I have no "twisted view", fiscal conservative sure, but $599 IS alot of money when people buy things that they don't need at that particular time. There is basic truth to that. I am certainly not attacking anyone, I will get a PS3 somewhere down the line. Do I need it? No Could I spend $599 on something more usefull? Absolutely. Are there people that take gov. handouts and buy PS3's? Of course. Priorities 1st fun and games 2nd. Thats all i'm implying...

INEED2WII said:
Awe, I feel for you. Really.

My friends dad is renting a house, he doesnt have much money due to bills and food and what not. He decided he wanted something nice and he really likes Mini Coopers. With the money he put aside, he got a Mini.

I can see why you wouldnt want to spend $600 wing wangs, oh boy thats a lot. But i know people who spend thousands on TV's, stereos, cars, or models. Then for most of those things they have to buy more stuff to add to what they have and make it more what they want, so it costs even more.

But go ahead and be a complaining American. "I have bills and blah blah" swift, guess what. So does everyone else. Oh your Lord, is it possible? I thought only America paid bills. No, everyone does, I know its totally bursting your false reality of this planet but, people in Europe have bills to pay too. So if you were gonna move somewhere to live for free, you may want to look into Africa cause that the closest you'll get.

WOW, you are totally missing the point here. Google: devalue of American dollar, American wellfare, recession in America coming
I am not speaking on behalf of other countries, read my posts carefully and utilize critical thinking while you read. Maybe you'll get it, but probably not, now go stick your head back in the sand, don't worry about social issues.

Us Americans have alot of other bills/responsibilities to take care of. Thats why I bought a Wii over PS3, I couldnt live with paying 600+ for a gaming machine. Hell, I pay 700 just to live in a apt every month
Just to let you know, thats ****ing cheap. Apartments here cost $1,000 minimum.

I have read your post, i used thinking. Then i saw your from Texas.

So by stating "Us Americans" and listing your, more than suitable living conditions, your saying $600 is to much. I will disagree. If you want something, its never expensive. I could tell you about a lot of people who have little to nothing but when they find something they like, they get it.

No your not speaking on behalf of other countries, but your making it sound like "Us Americans" have it so bad. I would have you rethink what you said and see that it does in fact imply some racism.

Racism? Is that what they're teaching you kids in school these days? Everything is racism? I make an opinion as to thinking $600 is alot for a gaming system and you think it racism I am implying in my thought process? Dude get a life, thats not going to work here. "US Americans" means Brian said that americans were complaining about the price. Well if "Us Americans" are so what. I bought a truck that cost me $36,000 bones. I pay almost 500 a month for. Most europeans wouldn't pay that much for a big gas guzzler that costs me 100 a week to fill up, I understand completely. It fits my lifestyle or as you would call a "hobby". What I was trying to convey here, that appeared to get lost,was that due to todays economic situations there are definately people who have absolutely no reason to get a PS3 at the price that it is listed, myself included. I own a wii and I dont even play that enough for it to be worth 250 + all the money i've sunk into it. BTW, where is "here" where apt cost 1000? You would agree that people spend way beyond their means, correct?

Back