Need Insight from PS3 owners please

lloyd_yayo

Nintendo 4life
Oct 16, 2006
ohio
Wii Online Code
7527 1826 6337 6464
okay i just bought a ps3 today for my brother, we went half in on it (im the one with the job so at the moment i paid full price till i get my halve). i really dont care for the PS3, its mainly for him, though i am excited enough to get madden 08, nba 2k8 and virtual fighter 5 in the future. currently i just bought him sonic the hedgehog, even though its terrible he's a big sonic fan (so am i).
basically what i wanna know from all you who own it is to just give me a basic run down of PS3, like what are some things i should know about it that most wouldnt, things i should do, shouldnt do and what are some ways to take FULL advantage of the system.

thanks to who reply, appreciate the insight, if u give me decent responses ill be glad to rep

P.S. on an uncalled for personal note, i have wii that im more than pleased with and would never ever ever have brought a PS3 into this household have my bro not gon half with it.

Okay, I am not a PS3 owner. But I know some things. I say get a HDMI cable (must have hdtv), for the full experience. And the PS3 is soon to get 'Home', A cool feature similar to the Sims.

Video here: [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyquAXKeEI0[/MEDIA]

And I would say get Ps3 online games, and get Ps3 online. Pretty much it, from me.

that helps, rep. cuz i thought "Home" was already out by now. do u know if im gonna have to pay for it?

we debating whether we wanna hook it to our plasma tv (does have HDMI port) because playing games on it alot and watching blu ray etc is gonna burn the bulbs on the tv.... anyone got comments to that?

I bought my PS3 back in Jan and just got my Wii in June. The PS3 has a lot of stuff you can do with it. It's really good for watching any movie (Bluray or DVD) because it upscales DVD's and they look great. The online is really good for being free. There is almost no lag in Resistance. If you're bored you can just play music on it and watch the visuals which are really nice. It's also really easy to put video files on it and watch them. I have many movies I put on it and I watch them often. Make sure you have an HDTV (and get a cheap HDMI cable). If you want to have more data just replace the HDD which is a really good thing to do. It's a really great system and has a ton of great features. Go to the official Playstation forums, they'll give you all the help you'll need.

lloyd_yayo said:
that helps, rep. cuz i thought "Home" was already out by now. do u know if im gonna have to pay for it?

we debating whether we wanna hook it to our plasma tv (does have HDMI port) because playing games on it alot and watching blu ray etc is gonna burn the bulbs on the tv.... anyone got comments to that?

plasmas do not have bulbs, but are more prone to image burn in. Home is free and so is online for the ps3. If you like a good fps get resistance. Warhawk is coming either late next month, or in september (cant remember). Lair is coming next month as well and that should be an awesome game. The ps3 exclusives are what is going to give you the most fun for your buck. You will see that if you play resistance and rb6v. Its not even a comparison.

billm00666 said:
plasmas do not have bulbs, but are more prone to image burn in. Home is free and so is online for the ps3. If you like a good fps get resistance. Warhawk is coming either late next month, or in september (cant remember). Lair is coming next month as well and that should be an awesome game. The ps3 exclusives are what is going to give you the most fun for your buck. You will see that if you play resistance and rb6v. Its not even a comparison.
Rainbow Six isn't an exclusive....

paintba||er said:

Rainbow Six isn't an exclusive....

Did you read what I wrote?

The ps3 exclusives are what is going to give you the most fun for your buck. You will see that if you play resistance and rb6v. Its not even a comparison

Im comparing resistance and rb6v. Resistance is 100x better. Rb6v doesnt even compare. Anyone wanna buy my copy? Played once. I will ship it usps priority mail for $45. Paypal only.

Back