I can't take this.. I pretty much lost all hope of getting a Wii until after Christma

itzzbalaez

WiiChat Member
Nov 9, 2006
-Best Buy never answers their phone.
-Circuit City has the stupidest machine that picks up EVER.
-Gamestop\EB Games are getting shipments in Friday, but will haev people camping outside since it's Black Friday. And they are the most popular game store in the country, so of course as soon as they get shipments in, they will be sold out.
-Costco laughed at me for asking when they are getting their next shipment in.
-K Mart.. loll.. yea right
-Target says they have no idea when they are getting their next shipment
-Sears has a stupid ass machine also.
-KB Toys isn't selling them
-And Toys R Us has to have the dumbest people in the world working for them. First of all, they can't speak English, and secondly, they seem clueless on what a Wii is. They just say they don't know when they are getting a shipment in.

I mean, wtf. This is insane. I've called every one of those stores since Monday on a next shipment, or to see if I would get lucky in someone returing theirs or something. I feel ridiculous calling everyday. I just lost all hope of getting a Wii until after Christmas. I've been going crazy trying to get one, and it kills me to know that they are out, but unavailable..

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Last edited:
"-Gamestop\EB Games are getting shipments in Friday, but will haev people camping outside since it's Black Friday. And they are the most popular game store in the country, so of course as soon as they get shipments in, they will be sold out."

Black friday??

Why not just camp out then.

I live in the UK so unfortunatly they are not released until the 7th December here.
Thing is, I am not allowed to buy one as I think Im getting one for xmas - meaning I have to endure the wait aswell :(

Look on the bright side - I have always been told "things happen for a reason". Who knows, maybe the person who grabbed the one before you bought a defect one and now has all the hassell of getting it sent back ect.

My parents won't let me camp out. They say it's ridiculous and it's too cold to stay outside all night.

The only good thing I see out of waiting to get one for Christmas is that m yparents wll pay for it and not me lol. But, if I had the chance to buy one right now, I would. TP is worth it =].

toggle said:
I live in the UK so unfortunatly they are not released until the 7th December here.
Thing is, I am not allowed to buy one as I think Im getting one for xmas - meaning I have to endure the wait aswell :(

Look on the bright side - I have always been told "things happen for a reason". Who knows, maybe the person who grabbed the one before you bought a defect one and now has all the hassell of getting it sent back ect.

Actually its december 8th

Meh, I don't see people camping out on Thanksgiving Day - call me crazy... I do have to agree with the OP, though - every time I've called to ask about the Wii or Wii accessories and games, I feel like the person on the other end:

#1 - doesn't know a thing.
#2 - makes no attempt to know a thing.
#3 - wouldn't tell you even if they knew.
#4 - thinks you're an idiot.
#5 - acts like you're wasting their precious minimum-wage time. [/bitterness]

I actually was at wal-mart on launch night and I asked a woman to scan the UPC to check their stock of wiis because she couldn't be sure how many they had. She told me she couldn't do it because she didn't want to lose her job. On my way out of that Wal-Mart, I see a sign taped to the door that says they were getting 20 - with the number 20 highlighted. Fricking idiots.

sorry guys...this is WAY off topic...ive got quick couple of questions..

1. do u know when the second shipment will be of wii's

2. how do u post your own posts or start your own topic??? I'm new to this site and i have no idea how to do it

THANKS-matt

When I camped at Walmart (I got one :smilewinkgrin:) One of the people there said he expected a new shipment in by Friday, so check walmart on Friday

Shoulda pre-ordered in the U.S. when you had the chance! Or camped out for initial launch. Stop the complaining/whining! If you were really determined to get one you'd have it by now.

specialsauce said:
Shoulda pre-ordered in the U.S. when you had the chance! Or camped out for initial launch. Stop the complaining/whining! If you were really determined to get one you'd have it by now.

Maybe you should know everyone's situation before you open your mouth. Maybe my parents won't let their kids camp out? And about the Pre-Order, I had no intention of getting a Wii until late October. By the time I went to all my stores to get a Pre-Order, there were none left or they weren't taking them.

Seriously, specialsauce, I agree with itzzbalaez. I had a pre-order from lik-sang, which had to close down its decades old business due to mutliple sony lawsuits at the eleventh hour. I had also promised to take my wife to see a friend of hers the evening of launch. I wasn't able to get one.

Fortunately, for me, my little brother on his own went and got one a state away and sold it to me at cost (awesome bro, no?)

Also realize that most preorders are sold out within 10 minutes, and lots of people can't camp (their parents on't let them, or maybe they have obligations).

With all that in mind, it's really not fair to tell everyone who didn't get one to stop whining.

Back