I might join you guys

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I am a xbox360 freak.
But!
After breaking it 5 times and got 6th xbox360 today, I can't rely on this system any more.

I still have to say xbox360 is cheaper yet as strong as ps3.
and it also has many more games than wii. Thus it was my choice out of 3.

But how could someone like me imagine that i will break it 5 times in 1 month? Thank god that United States is a such a great country that lets me return the system within 30 days. God I love this country.
Unfortunately my 5th one was broken in 37 days, meaning i should've broke it 1 week ago to abuse the return policy, but cmon I am a very nice and honest guy.

Anyway I had 1 year warranty just in case. I paid 30 dollars for the 1 year warranty because that was before I found out that MS changed their product warranty from 3 months to 1 year. Since I already used store warranty I can no longer go there and get a new one unless it breaks in 30 days LOL.

I can now rely on the store for 30 days OR MS for 1 year.But! who knows what's gonna happen if i use product warranty and fix it from MS? it will definitely break again!

I know that I am safe for at least 1 year from now but I have to say I feel bad.

I was thinking that maybe I have to sell xbox360 and use that store credit to buy a NEW Wii.

How long is the wii's product warranty? and How much is the defective rate in general? some people said xbox360 had about 5% defective rate, but I have to say it's over 80% after gathering info from so many people and my own experience.

Um, I have an end all be all fix to that, not abusing your XBOX 360, obviously you are doing something you shouldn't do with it, I have an XBOX 360 that I goit around half a year and it works fine, if you have a media center area, never, and I mean NEVER put the XBOX 360 in it unless you have fans in the equipment area to cool down the XBOX, they do overheat easily, but if you sit it on an open shelf, it should work fine

gamechaser001 said:
Um, I have an end all be all fix to that, not abusing your XBOX 360, obviously you are doing something you shouldn't do with it, I have an XBOX 360 that I goit around half a year and it works fine, if you have a media center area, never, and I mean NEVER put the XBOX 360 in it unless you have fans in the equipment area to cool down the XBOX, they do overheat easily, but if you sit it on an open shelf, it should work fine

my xbox360s never overheated and that was never the problem.
it was graphical error, disc reading error, disc lense error, red lights as soon as i buy error and so on. I never abuse my xbox360 and it has been my most precious possession. I don't even have my finger print on any of my last 5 xbox360s. and it is in a ventilated area.

t7d5 said:
wow uhave some rlly bad luck with ur xbox360 maby u should just get a new 1 LIKE GOD INTENDED! so u wont have to keep bringing it back to the store to get more repares.

yeah, it's not like I abuse my system or anything.
My old gamecube is still running like NEW!
I am still gonna keep xbox360 at least until its 1 year product warranty expires, and once it does, i will have to sell it and get wii by the time mario galaxy and metroid 3 comes out.

well, you said that you kept having them replaced, meaning that somewhere in there, there had to be a good one that had envronmental damage, not saying that these are the problems, but it is the only the only thing I can think of, do you smoke or somebody who lives/stays there smoke? Are there frequent fluctuations in power? And you already said that you take care of your discs so that can't be the cause, not saying that it is the problem, just that it can lead to such problems, I just don't see how an item can just break in one area and work in another area perfectly well, that can only mean environmental damage

gamechaser001 said:
well, you said that you kept having them replaced, meaning that somewhere in there, there had to be a good one that had envronmental damage, not saying that these are the problems, but it is the only the only thing I can think of, do you smoke or somebody who lives/stays there smoke? Are there frequent fluctuations in power? And you already said that you take care of your discs so that can't be the cause, not saying that it is the problem, just that it can lead to such problems, I just don't see how an item can just break in one area and work in another area perfectly well, that can only mean environmental damage

well...I never touch the system at all since I use wireless controller and whenever i put the disc in i take about 10 sec just to put it on the tray very slowly and gently.

my room temperature is not hot at all and it's very well ventilated.

1st one = graphical glitch = graphic card problem = returned in 3 days
2nd one = disc reading error = not my fault too!
3rd one = it was aight but then xbox360 100$ price drop = returned
4th one = showed me red lights as soon as i connected it = returned in 1 min
5th one = broke this morning, took 37 days, it worked fine until yesterday but as soon as i turn it on this morning , it was making crazy grinning noise from the tray, it blew up eventually after 10 min.

JoonKimDDS said:
well...I never touch the system at all since I use wireless controller and whenever i put the disc in i take about 10 sec just to put it on the tray very slowly and gently.

5th one = broke this morning, took 37 days, it worked fine until yesterday but as soon as i turn it on this morning , it was making crazy grinning noise from the tray, it blew up eventually after 10 min.

its obviously you, ive had mine a month before they were even out and its running fine

JoonKimDDS said:

Um, in #3, so the console was working perfectly, but because the price went down you returned it? :eek:ut:

I don't mean to sound rude, but if something works, and you use it, you don't return it, it's just common sense, it looks like you are putting yourself in the trouble, trust me, the Wii won't help anything, and I have an XBOX 360, I have the thing sitting on my floor, on the carpet (which they say not to), I only got one console and it works fine, I got mine about half a year ago, i'm sorry, but something just dosen't make sense

gamechaser001 said:
Um, in #3, so the console was working perfectly, but because the price went down you returned it? :eek:ut:

I don't mean to sound rude, but if something works, and you use it, you don't return it, it's just common sense, it looks like you are putting yourself in the trouble, trust me, the Wii won't help anything, and I have an XBOX 360, I have the thing sitting on my floor, on the carpet (which they say not to), I only got one console and it works fine, I got mine about half a year ago, i'm sorry, but something just dosen't make sense

It's a common sense to get the cheaper one if you can.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
its obviously you, ive had mine a month before they were even out and its running fine
it's obviously not me.
if u turn it on and it shows graphic card error, red lights that means if was defected from the factory.

and there are many people having disc error problems too. The only difference between me and them is that i actually exchanged it to fix the problem.

and if i don't even touch the system at all and disc tray blows up by itself after making scratching noises that just means that the tray lens is dead. I never even touch the system! and it's in a ventilated area.
at least it was fine for 37 days so i guess 37 day should be including a month that u r referring to.

ive had mine for more than a year.............. not a month

and just because the disk makes a noise doesnt mean its defective, red lights can also mean its not getting enough power, so u might want to check that out too

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
ive had mine for more than a year.............. not a month

and just because the disk makes a noise doesnt mean its defective, red lights can also mean its not getting enough power, so u might want to check that out too

Disc making noise doesn't mean it's defective but disc tray blowing up after scratching my disc is definitely an issue.

I know the several reasons why red lights shows up but it's not because of power because what it said on the screen was clear enough to convince me that it was defected. It said ask customer service to repair the system.

by the way, I am not here to make a stupid argument like this. I am intelligent enough to know that mines were all defected whether it's hard to believe or not. I didn't break them on purpose and I know how to value $300 system so there is no reason to try to convince that it was my fault or anything because it's not gonna work and it doesn't hurt my feeling or anything since i can just keep exchainging over and over whether it's 7 times 8 times or even 100 times because it's always Free to repair.

JoonKimDDS said:
It's a common sense to get the cheaper one if you can.
well, what makes it cheaper when you already have it? I had a PSP back when it was $250 now it's $50 off, you don't see me going to replace my PSP because I can get $50 from it, if you need to return a console to get $100, you should get a job, or you could of waited, I personally don't think you deserve one

Last edited:
Back