If PS3 is supposed to be so powerful then why does....

GypsyKid

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Alberta, Canada
it usually seems like the screens are slowing down, or hiccuping? It's sort of like when trying to play a game on a PC that is too slow for it. Everytime I've played the PS3 I've noticed this even on games that don't look that great at all. This is one of the reasons why I never bought a PS3 cause after seeing that I immediately lost faith in the system and the so called "super-computer" like cell-processor.

You will need to wait some time to see what the PS3 is really capable of... Thats if it picks up enough steam to be worth investing on for big devs/producers.

I'm not impressed with PS3 though (I wasn't impressed with PS2 - but the console ticked a lot of boxes - and had a lot of good games). Time will tell...

Last edited:
Thats funny, I havent seen that "hiccuping" that you speak of. The problem some of you are not impressed by what the system can do is because you cant understand it. This is a case where we have people who are at the begginer level making advanced level claims. Sorry but ya have to know how these systems work, how the game industry works, hwo the PS3 in particular works... you have to have knowlege in order to comprehend.

enjoy being not impressed brandon, especially if you could not be impressed with the PS2.

Shiftfallout said:
Thats funny, I havent seen that "hiccuping" that you speak of. The problem some of you are not impressed by what the system can do is because you cant understand it. This is a case where we have people who are at the begginer level making advanced level claims. Sorry but ya have to know how these systems work, how the game industry works, hwo the PS3 in particular works... you have to have knowlege in order to comprehend.

enjoy being not impressed brandon, especially if you could not be impressed with the PS2.

I'm not impressed by what the system can do for a reason. Its not that I can't understand it - its that I haven't seen it do anything remarkable yet.
I had a PS2 on launch day - but at the time I had a high end PC - so it didn't blow me away. But this isn't about the PS2.
I could tell you that there's a system that will have the best gameplay, graphics, interface etc - but until its actually provided what it said it would all of the talk means jack-sh*t.

Your talking utter sh*te, i own a Ps3 and ive never expierenced anything like that, what games is it you played, ive got Motor Storm, Fight Night and Resistance and i havent expierened any lagging or anything. You want lagging, playing Blazing Angels for your "amazing" Wii, thats what you call a sh*t console when you see that game playing.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
I'm not impressed by what the system can do for a reason. Its not that I can't understand it - its that I haven't seen it do anything remarkable yet.
I had a PS2 on launch day - but at the time I had a high end PC - so it didn't blow me away. But this isn't about the PS2.
I could tell you that there's a system that will have the best gameplay, graphics, interface etc - but until its actually provided what it said it would all of the talk means jack-sh*t.

Thats funny, because I can clearly see what it does and can do right out of the box. Open System is all I have to say. Like the PSP the ps3 is a mod box. Linux, mods, using other devices such as the wiimote on the ps3. The psp is an indication of how open the ps3 is, combine the two and you are set. This is what I see immediately out of the box, and have seen first hand. Sure we also have videos, videos of cards being read by a camera and translated on screen, we have seen a developer pick up two virtual cups in side the ps3 and move them with his hands, picking up water and using physics to splash it over the place. We have been able to use the free online service, which kicks ass right now. I have played resistance online and I have to tell you its very very very good. Theres a lot you refuse to see or understand.

PCs will always blow away consoles, but when you consider what consoles can do nowadays, you have to be impressed.

So its funny that you pass your judgement when you are unsure of where the system stands and what it will be capable of with the games on the horizon. Theres a reason games like FF and MGS4 can only be played on the PS3. Like Kojima said, no other console can run his game. The PS3 is the movie theater in terms of capabilities where as the 360 is like a small dvd. The 360 is good, but it also has a big flaw as well.

I havent had any lag either. My 360 lags constantly though, the Wii does as well. Either Brain is right and you are just full of it or your probably a really slow blinker. Either way, the PS3 wont lag, at least not mine. Plus Littlebigplanet can have an infinite number of things on screen so that would be a good way to see what the PS3's lag point is, if it has one.

As far as this, "I have a PC so i dont need PS3" **** goes, it also applies to the Wii which my 2002 laptop out preforms. I dont need a high end PC to beat that piece of **** hardware. Ill just get a $500 comp with blue tooth and a Wii emulator, now i have a Wii plus all the console classics i want. The Wii is donkey **** to a PC.

Last edited:
ive never seen the wii lag or the PS3.

and im sure its possible to make the ps3 lag PC can lag a PS3 can lag as well...
im sick of people saying the PS3 is godly i know its impressive piece of hardware and i cant wait to get one yes i will waste 600 for ONE game... but that game isnt out yet... so im not just a stupid "nintendo fanguy"

maybe you just got a bad PS3 or something or scratched disk?

now i remember playing SNES and that lagging alot also sega..

Wii is better, so is the 360... sony sux now.. they're screwing every1 over... I hear you can't even play the original PS and PS2 games on it... that's a rip-off.

WiiMii22 said:
Wii is better, so is the 360... sony sux now.. they're screwing every1 over... I hear you can't even play the original PS and PS2 games on it... that's a rip-off.
Yea and babies come from cabbage patches too, thats what i heard anyways.

WiiMii22 said:

...And I look like this every day.
orgazmo03ir2.jpg

But seriously, your source of information is as real as michael jackson's detatchable nose. The PS3 plays PS and PS2 games, WHILE upgrading their quality to look 10 x better. This also works for DVD movies. The wii is an old 700mhz system with a nifty controller. There is not enough processing power to really do amazing things with that wiimote. The 360 is also very limited, it has a good GPU but a GPU is restricted on what it can do by the rest of the system. DVD, CPU, CONTROLLER.... the 360 is like a big dog leashed. It might bark a lot but it cant really go anywhere.

Back