X reasons to buy Wii than PS3

vagrant said:
If they aren't sony exclusive, they can hardly be considered a sony mascot.

And Nintendo makes money off each one because the people who develope the various parts of the wii, have there stock supadupa high, so the production cost of the wii was so low. That is why they set the $250 price tag.
umm no matter what way you look at it NINTENDO MAKES PROFIT PER CONSOLE
everything estimated to be around $160, and your supply and demand thing dosent really hit what supply and demand is all about. the reason they would cost less is if they werent being demanded for, nintendo needs the parts, so theres demand, therefore even with a high supply, the price dosent go down
http://www.techimo.com/newsapp/i17607.html

and you dont know what second party means, im assuming.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
umm no matter what way you look at it NINTENDO MAKES PROFIT PER CONSOLE
everything estimated to be around $160
http://www.techimo.com/newsapp/i17607.html

and you dont know what second party means, im assuming.

What are you talking about....I never said Nintendo wasn't making money off each one....I even explained why they were making money off each one.

And I was the one who in that one thread said Nintendo made 80$ off each console sold.

So what in the flying **** are you talking about...

vagrant said:
What are you talking about....I never said Nintendo wasn't making money off each one....I even explained why they were making money off each one.

And I was the one who in that one thread said Nintendo made 80$ off each console sold.

So what in the flying **** are you talking about...
i edited the post a lot, i didnt even know you were on o.0
and i didnt relize it was you i was quoting, i wouldnt have done the caps, i acutally was just going back to change thoes to lowercase when i saw it was you xD

Sovieto said:
i edited the post a lot, i didnt even know you were on o.0
and i didnt relize it was you i was quoting, i wouldnt have done the caps, i acutally was just going back to change thoes to lowercase when i saw it was you xD

I'm not actually mad, if you got that impression. The ...'s were to imply that I seriously had no idea wtf you were getting at.

konomaroh said:
no ****
there will be future games
thats like saying 360 is the same as xbox

all of those statements are words from a fanboy

i agree with this guy ! :ihih:

I'm sorry but, your 18? Well I think its about time you learned a few home truths:
1. Sony's only interested in your money? what do you think Nintendo is interested in? its all a mask mate, there both just big multinational companies interested in.....your money.
2. If English is your first language then I pity you, if not then apologies.
3. I would like to see your source as to why the PlayStation uses more electricity than the wii, which don't forget can be connected to the Internet 24hrs which (i suppose) uses up much more juice than a bit of PlayStation
4. Could you explain 'because of the cell processor and blue ray---> have u ever think while playing a console game what kind of processor is in ur console???'

I'm not usually a rude person, but seeing this thread was unbelievable enough, but then to see people (well 1 person at least) replying with 'hehe good post' it just drove me over the edge :(

P.S I'm not at all defending Sony, i have a wii and will probably never get a 360, but fanboys like you give nintendo a bad name

rockkybox said:
I'm sorry but, your 18? Well I think its about time you learned a few home truths:
1. Sony's only interested in your money? what do you think Nintendo is interested in? its all a mask mate, there both just big multinational companies interested in.....your money.
2. If English is your first language then I pity you, if not then apologies.
3. I would like to see your source as to why the PlayStation uses more electricity than the wii, which don't forget can be connected to the Internet 24hrs which (i suppose) uses up much more juice than a bit of PlayStation
4. Could you explain 'because of the cell processor and blue ray---> have u ever think while playing a console game what kind of processor is in ur console???'

I'm not usually a rude person, but seeing this thread was unbelievable enough, but then to see people (well 1 person at least) replying with 'hehe good post' it just drove me over the edge :(

P.S I'm not at all defending Sony, i have a wii and will probably never get a 360, but fanboys like you give nintendo a bad name

It is a wide fact that the Wii is super efficient and uses an very low amount of electricity. Yes, even being connected to the internet...as if that would increase your electricity in some way. If you want a source, I'll let you use the magical search feature on this forum that most seem to ignore.

The wii on standby uses 10W, 17W when playing.

vagrant said:
It is a wide fact that the Wii is super efficient and uses an very low amount of electricity. Yes, even being connected to the internet...as if that would increase your electricity in some way. If you want a source, I'll let you use the magical search feature on this forum that most seem to ignore.

The wii on standby uses 10W, 17W when playing.

Well it could be said that im grasping at straws here but to put that into perspective, on standby the xbox 360 uses 2w so it all depends on how much you use it (as playing a game on the xbox uses a ridiculous amount of energy), to be honest the best solution is to unplug them both when your not using them, but yeah I have to say that 17w playing a game is very impressive, but there just should be an off button. Why do you think that being connected to the internet doesn’t use more electricity? Surely it means more hardware needed to keep it connected=more electricity use.

rockkybox said:
Well it could be said that im grasping at straws here but to put that into perspective, on standby the xbox 360 uses 2w so it all depends on how much you use it (as playing a game on the xbox uses a ridiculous amount of energy), to be honest the best solution is to unplug them both when your not using them, but yeah I have to say that 17w playing a game is very impressive, but there just should be an off button. Why do you think that being connected to the internet doesn’t use more electricity? Surely it means more hardware needed to keep it connected=more electricity use.

- Power Supply.

And I am glad ou decided to google it, and as you can see there is a large difference. And I am not sure what you mean, because you don't have to have the system on standby with wiiconnect24 going. It is optional.

Perhaps you don't even have a wii?

yup but you cant turn it off standby without unplugging it, its connected to the internet or standby which i would say is a waste + do you still believe that being connected to the internet doesnt use any extra power?

but maybe im wrong, anyway im not sure why im getting aggro while people like the person who started this thread get away with 'good post'

Last edited:
Here go my 2cents. The only reason I choose Nintendo over Sony is because all in all...you're still sitting with a remote in your hand and using thumbs. The reason I bought a NintendoDS instead of a PSP is because of the touch screen. Sony and Microsoft haven't done it. Same reason I picked a Wii. I like new and revolutionary stuff. Yes, better graphics are nice...but sitting on the couch and using my thumbs has just lost it's flavor in my opinion.

Now with the Wii being more on the virtual reality line...that will push (hopefully) sony to make close to the same thing and with better graphics. When one company comes out with someone no one has tried before and people love it, that just pushes other companies to out eachother. Thus, more fun for all of us!

I was a huge Sony fan, I owned the PS1, and then got the PS2 when it came out. But after I heard the PS3 was goin to be $600, I told Sony to F*** off in my own right and bought a Wii, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

The thing about Nintendo is that they can actually afford to make that much money per console sold. If Sony upped the price of the PS3 they wouldn't sell very many. Trust me you make more money if you sell a lot of a cheaper product than a few of a more expensive product.

rockkybox said:
yup but you cant turn it off standby without unplugging it, its connected to the internet or standby which i would say is a waste + do you still believe that being connected to the internet doesnt use any extra power?

but maybe im wrong, anyway im not sure why im getting aggro while people like the person who started this thread get away with 'good post'

Yes, you are wrong. It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby. And no, being connected to the internet doesn't use up extra power. Just because wiiconnect is going doesn't mean you are constantly sending and receiving data.

no even with wiiconnect24 off, it still has the red standby LED on, try it sometime, you can also turn it on from the wiimotes in this standby mode, which means its bluetooth is still awake=standby

*clocks up imaginary point in the air*

Last edited:
Back