Sony to force Blu-ray upon us

Squall7 said:
Big words? Ok, tell me which big words gave you trouble and I'll explain them to you.

Tell me which part of that sentence actually made sense.

If that's you're idea of "fact" then I've been wasting my time criticising you. You obviously need to re-learn what the word "fact" means.

But you are criticising my view, not the part of my posts that have true information from valid sources.

Like I said before, I don't care what you think about me.

bw_crying_girl.jpg

Ok, please, tell me which words you don't know and I'll explain them to you.

Ok, please try to make sense when you TRY to sound smart so you don't look like a complete douchebag.

Irrelevant? Or just damaging to your arguement?

There is nothing that you have written that is damaging to my argument. Here, let me brake it down for you since your supposed "intelligent" mind can't comprehend it. You CAN NOT compare a format that is unchallenged. UMD has nothing competeing against it. Not to mention it's in a completely different feild (portables) Vs. home entertainment. To try and even justrify that rediculous argument is making you look even more uneducated.

Well, you got 3 words right...

Taking words out of context... I remember doing that in kindergarden. Did you make a macaroni painting for me to put up on my refigerator as well?

Facts - those companies supported blu ray Septemeber 2005. Fiction - This proves that Blu-ray will succeed. Fact - company support doesn't guarantee success. Illustration - UMD had major film studios behind it and still failed.
What part of this do you not get?

Never once did I say that the support that Blu-Ray is recieving BY MOVIE STUDIOS proves their success at such an early stage. So if you are done taking my words out of context and twisting what I say to make you look "cool", this debate can go on. Again, your comparing the unrivaled UMD to something completely different. Hahha it's funny though.

Statistics can be fitted to form any kind of arguement. e.g. Six major film companies are backing HD DVD as of September 2005.
e.g. A whopping 500,000 copies of each film released were sold on UMD.

I didn't fit any kind of statistics buddy. What you see is what you get. You just don't want to accept it so your crying about it. Again, your bringing UMD into this argument... Jesus, why don't you PLEASE get me some HD DVD facts and stats instead of UMD. It's getting kind of sad really.

Like I said before, Irrevelevant or just damaging to your arguement?

I think I have pretty much squashed anything you found damaging.

No. I just want you to respect somebody but yourself.

Just because I don't respect you, don't get all bitchy about it. Maybe bringing up another UMD statistic will help you cope with it though.

Some battles just aren't worth it.

Then stop talking, your UMD, Last-gen DVD arguments make no sense nor apply.

Oh, you mean the civil one whereby I don't sware at anybody or call anyone else names for disagreeing with me. Let's have a vote: Who prefers my attitude? Or who prefers ABC's attitude?

I vote for me. Aww..

00079992-D3E9-135D-96340C01AC1BF814.jpg

ABC said:
Thank you for proving my point about you not respecting other people and your general attitude. Better luck next time.

Ok, please try to make sense when you TRY to sound smart so you don't look like a complete douchebag.
Is this another one of your "Facts"?

There is nothing that you have written that is damaging to my argument. Here, let me brake it down for you since your supposed "intelligent" mind can't comprehend it. You CAN NOT compare a format that is unchallenged. UMD has nothing competeing against it. Not to mention it's in a completely different feild (portables) Vs. home entertainment. To try and even justrify that rediculous argument is making you look even more uneducated.
You're right. UMD didn't have competition and it still failed. However I didn't argue that it did. The fact that Blu Ray is in competition only means that they have an even worse chance of succeeding. Portables Vs Home doesn't matter. You still haven't addressed my point - film companies support doesn't automatically mean success. I even added that DVD is still winning.

Never once did I say that the support that Blu-Ray is recieving BY MOVIE STUDIOS proves their success at such an early stage. So if you are done taking my words out of context and twisting what I say to make you look "cool", this debate can go on. Again, your comparing the unrivaled UMD to something completely different. Hahha it's funny though.
Ye it is, considering it failed against no competition.

What you see is what you get. You just don't want to accept it so your crying about it.
This once again proves you've got attitude problems (also a warped sense of reality).

Again, your bringing UMD into this argument... Jesus, why don't you PLEASE get me some HD DVD facts and stats instead of UMD. It's getting kind of sad really.
How about inside industry testimony?:
The Pricing Strategy

In the vital area of picture quality, both formats also have a difficult time differentiating between one another. "Either format can produce a very good image," says Richard Dean, director of technical business development at THX Inc. "To me, it boils down to the price of the equipment and the availability of content."

Dean, who has helped master the DVD releases of the Star Wars trilogy and other blockbuster movies, says that consumers won't notice any real quality difference between the formats. But he says HD-DVD may end up with an advantage if it can under price Blu-Ray discs and players. "I think that's going to play a very large role." As for Blu-Ray's greater storage capacity, "more space is always an advantage," Dean says, "but the question is how much more space is really needed." Notes Parsons: "If you start doing HD bonus features, it will suck up capacity very quickly."

Intel executives, who first got involved in the working groups for next-generation DVD formats to help avoid a format war, already are bracing for an era of consumer confusion as a Blu-Ray-vs.-HD-DVD scenario takes shape. "We didn't want two formats coming out," says Balogh. "Now we have an even standoff, so neither side wants to compromise whatsoever." Making matters worse, he says, the entertainment studios also are split between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, although more big studios have backed HD-DVD at this point.

"The studios will be the kingmakers here," he says. Ultimately, consumers may struggle to figure out what kind of players and media to purchase during the next couple of years. "The most important benefit to the consumer is that the HD-DVD players that we'll be introducing to the market this year will be fully backward compatible with the current DVDs that are already in consumers' homes. With the Blu-Ray formats' backward compatibility isn't so simple," adds Sally.

Still, many are wary. "It would be best if we went to market without two formats," says Panasonic's Doherty. "We're very disappointed that we're in a format war." As the battle heats up in 2005 and well into 2006, consumers will decide which format will succeed.
Source: From here

I think I have pretty much squashed anything you found damaging.
Nope. UMD is still a valid point. Number of companies supposedly backing Blu-Ray technology will not automatically make it the victor. You've proved nothing other than you're arrogant.

Just because I don't respect you, don't get all bitchy about it. Maybe bringing up another UMD statistic will help you cope with it though.
I'm talking about people in general. I think as a community, we should at least be courteous to each other, which is something you seem to be against.

Then stop talking, your UMD, Last-gen DVD arguments make no sense nor apply.
UMD applies because it's an example of film companies and studios backing something which failed, regardless of strength of the backing. Regular DVD's are still a very appealing alternative to a great number of people. These are two very important points I'm trying to get across.

I vote for me. Aww..
Then we're drawing.

Once again, showing how immature your arguement is.

^That entire above post was about UMDs. You want to debate about UMDs or Blu-Ray and HD DVD? You seem like you are getting alittle confused with this whole debate thing. Why don't you go back to comparing the Ps3 to the Nintendo 64... that was hillarious. I think people can clearly see you want to speak about UMDs and I proposed information actually pertaining to the argument at hand. I will let you continue talking to yourself about UMDs (you sound like President Bush talking about WMDs) and when you want to get back to Blu-Ray and HD DVD, you let me know.

i read that they even cut the japanese prices on there debut release. I read that in the game informer i was shocked to hear that, but it may just be that their cutting the taxes of the sales in Japan

937dytboi said:
i read that they even cut the japanese prices on there debut release. I read that in the game informer i was shocked to hear that, but it may just be that their cutting the taxes of the sales in Japan

Ok... I concede... THIS guy won the debate... hands down.

ABC said:
^That entire above post was about UMDs. You want to debate about UMDs or Blu-Ray and HD DVD? You seem like you are getting alittle confused with this whole debate thing. Why don't you go back to comparing the Ps3 to the Nintendo 64... that was hillarious. I think people can clearly see you want to speak about UMDs and I proposed information actually pertaining to the argument at hand. I will let you continue talking to yourself about UMDs (you sound like President Bush talking about WMDs) and when you want to get back to Blu-Ray and HD DVD, you let me know.
I was using UMD as an example. Are you saying that the UMD situation doesn't prove that flm companies backing doesn't automatically make something a success?

Comparing the N64 to the PS3 was only hilarious to people that don't know much about gaming history. N64 was powerful for it's time (64-bit vs 32-bit), PS3 is powerful for it's time. N64 lacked major development backing, PS3 is losing exclusives, and many games are being multi-platformed. Is this not apparent to you? I realise there are features on both which are different to each other, but I'm comparing not saying they are exactly the same.

This is what we have seen here... I can have a sense of humor while still demolishing you in a debate while you, on the other hand, ignore statistics while managing to be extremely up-tight and anti-intelligent. We will let the people decide.

ABC said:
This is what we have seen here... I can have a sense of humor while still demolishing you in a debate while you, on the other hand, ignore statistics while managing to be extremely up-tight and anti-intelligent. We will let the people decide.
Ignoring statistics? How about ignoring criticisms. Up-tight and Anti-intelliegent? Funny how you say "let the people decide" right after you've unjustly insulted me. What are we like debating to see who get's in office now? You neither provided a sense of humour, nor did you demolish me. Your statements are as flawed as you "facts".

I will leave you on this note... and I am not the only one on these fine forums to think this either:

crying%20baby.jpg

ABC said:
I will leave you on this note... and I am not the only one on these fine forums to think this either:

crying%20baby.jpg
Wow, you really have trouble reading my words don't you?!

Hahahhahahaha! :lol: :lol: This thread goes down in WiiChat history.

When you two are done pissing, crying, and shooting testosterone all over each other we can get back to the actual topic.....

Anyways, aside from the fact that PS3 is making Blu-Ray look horrible, HD-DVD is being supported by, oh I dunno, Microsoft.

As evil as they might be you cannot deny the power they hold. Wouldnt it be a shame if they just forgot to correctly integrate Blu-Ray into Vista? Sure all you Apple users would be fine and dandy with Blu-Ray, but in the end who do you really think is gonna win?

Xbox 360 will get cheaper and cheaper, and the HD-DVD addon will too, whereas PS3 will never get cheaper (already at -$300 per console sale). HD-DVD certainly has my support because Xbox360 isnt forcing it down our throats in order to play what we want. They make it an option.

I think everything that needs to be discussed has been already. Go back and read.

ABC said:
I think everything that needs to be discussed has been already. Go back and read.

Yes M'am!!

Excuse me while I pass on the walk down emo lane.

Regardless of what movie studios support it right now, its really in the computing worlds hands. What with all these media center PCs and all, its getting closer and closer to the day that people use PCs to run their entertainment centers and not stand-alone players. But hey, anything can happen so theres no telling, just guessing.

NightShift said:
Excuse me while I pass on the walk down emo lane.
Are you trying to imply that I may be emo? :lol: :lol: I am an Italian speaking electronic music producer from New Jersey... you don't see many of those kids around here. :lol: But if you say so.

Back