Im getting a 360

darksniper

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
I'm getting a 360 soon and I have a few queistions

1. Do you need the adaptor for wireless internet
2. When you set up your internet conection for wireless adaptor do you just select wireless adaptor of the list or dose it require something else?
3. When you renew your xbox live do you just get a messege when you logon the lets you select to renew your xbox live or do you select it someware else or do you do it on the computer?
4. What game do you recommend that rated T or E?
5. where dose the head set plug-in?
6. how good is the movie quality when you buy them?
7. how do you charge the wireless controler dose it come with a charger or do you use normal batterys?
8. were can I reedem xbox live 12 month cards?
9. whats an example of how many movie I can download with 20 GB will it fill up fast?

Thanks in advanced:wink:

I like threads like these, because helping is fun :D

1. Yes and No... If you have a wireless laptop, you can use that for a wireless connection. If you don't have a wireless laptop then yes, you need the adaptor.

2. Its automatic I think, I have wireless connection and I didn't have to do anything. But if im wrong, then I think you have to go to Network settings on your Xbox. Unless I misunderstood your question...

3. You can have it automatically renew with a credit card or buy a prepaid card. But you do recieve a message telling you that its almost time to renew.

4. There's so many games, ill try to get you a decent list after this post

5. Into the bottom of the Xbox controller, a headset comes with the Xbox, so no worries its pretty self explainatory

6. That, I don't know... I always download my movies using torrents and make my own DVDs for free. Its piracy but I really don't care :p

7. You can buy a charger which gives you 2 battery packs with it. But I have my own rechargable batteries so thats what I use. But you can use normal AA batteries if you want.

8. Most stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. etc. Alot of times they go on sale for only $40 for a 13 month card, just have to look out for them. They don't expire until like a year and a half, so you can buy them ahead of time.

9. Don't know that one either since I never tried.

thanks :wink: just what i need but when i said were do i redeem them i meen on the console lol

the movies are available in 1080p (hi-def) or 480p (standard) hi def is obviously more points and you dont buy them to keep, its like pay per view, basically you pay 480 points to rent a movie that goes away in either 3 days (i think) or after you watch it. they arent for keeps.

as for the actual dvd player in the system, it is crap. but it's a free feature so dont complain. but it is in fact one of the worst quality dvd players you can get (from what ive read, i dont use mine for DVDs i use my PS3 for DVDs cause it upscales them to 480p or something like that idn)

T3kNi9e said:
it is? Looks fine to me o_O
it's not every DVD that plays crappy, and i dont really know cause like i said i dont play dvds in it. but lots of people cant tell the difference between blu-ray and DVD so certainly lots of people cant tell the difference between good quality dvd play back and poor quality dvd playback. i think blu-ray is such a difference though, but like my mom just asks why i pay 30 dollars for a dvd. lol

if you want to save money on the wireless adapter you can just buy a wireless ethernet bridge. thats how my friend has his 360 connected to the net

Mitch2025 said:
if you want to save money on the wireless adapter you can just buy a wireless ethernet bridge. thats how my friend has his 360 connected to the net
hmm.. please expand on that. what is a wireless ethernet bridge? is it a solid connection? and how much does it cost? my friend is looking for an alternative to wired connections but doesnt want to dish out 99 for the adapter either.

SensesFail said:
hmm.. please expand on that. what is a wireless ethernet bridge? is it a solid connection? and how much does it cost? my friend is looking for an alternative to wired connections but doesnt want to dish out 99 for the adapter either.
it just picks up wireless signals and you can hook up computer or game system up to it VIA ethernet. here is one that seems good LINK

you can also try powerline ethernet. LINK
what you do is plug one into a wall socket near your router and plug an ethernet cable into it and plug the other into a wall socket near your computer/console and plug in an ethernet cord from that to your device and it will turn your wall sockets into a network

Back