Im glad I didnt upgrade to EXPNSIVE vista

nxcmp said:
Some companies will let you pay more to downgrade to XP.

Thats when you know an OS sucks...

I mean I don't have too many problems with it but I just use my computer for basic tasks mostly. It does have trouble starting up sometimes(blue screen) but this might be HP's fault not Vista's.

manred said:
Yeah, and that kind of sucks seeing that you have to pay extra money for a past version of Windows because Vista sucks so bad.

Microsoft's plan for XP was to basically pretend it never existed. Vista this Vista that. They were wanting to wipe it off the face of the earth, .. guess not

nxcmp said:
Microsoft's plan for XP was to basically pretend it never existed. Vista this Vista that. They were wanting to wipe it off the face of the earth, .. guess not

I know, and the weird thing is that they're coming out with SP3 for XP.

Apple Guy said:
Well another reason to turn to the light side
Buy a mac and you wont have all this crazy worthless os's

I'd rather jump off a bridge onto jagged rocks than buy a Mac after my experiences with iTunes. Plus they keep trying to force their crappy Quicktime format on us, and when you're having problems, Apple's website is by far the most unhelpful on the internet.

Well now come on i you were given a mac you would use it
Stop being so biased just because you have had some problems. Maybe it was your computer that was bad and not itunesz

Apple Guy said:
Stop being so biased just because you have had some problems. Maybe it was your computer that was bad and not itunesz

You have the Apple logo as your avatar and you're calling me biased? :lol:

I've never had problems with iTunes, but the thing is that both Windows and Mac have there own pros and cons. Windows is most likely used for office and gaming while Mac is used more for photography and video editing.

no thats just an old saying
Macs can do all of your normal office stuff because it has office for mac (Which is made by microsoft) but there just a bit more expensive

who cares anyway you just choose the system you're comfortable with and some people don't want out of their comfort zone

Glad I don't have to worry about all these current Window's products. Currently using Mac OS X Tiger on an iBook G4 - no problems.

However, I remember having good experiences with Windows '95 ages ago playing Need for Speed. :p

FR. said:
Glad I don't have to worry about all these current Window's products. Currently using Mac OS X Tiger on an iBook G4 - no problems.

However, I remember having good experiences with Windows '95 ages ago playing Need for Speed. :p

The only 2 things I like about apple is its their background for using Open Source based software and operating systems as its core and the Cinema display. :smilewinkgrin:

Windows xP Media Centre Edition for life, I hate Vista, though I am warming up to it's GUI.
Apple Guy said:
You're banished from all Microsoft related threads, we don't care to buy into your iLife or own a Mac at any point and time.

Just because a computer-illiterate 87 year old can use one does not make it good.[/end anti-Apple campaign]

Chewy said:
I wanted to get XP for my laptop but for some reason they only sold ones with Vista. :(
You were shopping at the wrong place. Dell still offers laptops with XP. You can even order them that way online, without having to do anything special.

sremick said:
You were shopping at the wrong place. Dell still offers laptops with XP. You can even order them that way online, without having to do anything special.

Well that would depend on if he got Home edition (which I think is either cheaper or the same price as Vista) or Professional (which I think is more expensive than Vista).

manred said:
Well that would depend on if he got Home edition (which I think is either cheaper or the same price as Vista) or Professional (which I think is more expensive than Vista).
Huh? How does whether XP is available or not (my point) depend at all with how much they're charging for it? As it turns out, XP Home costs the same as Vista Home Basic, and XP Professional is the same as Vista Business (+$99), but that's besides the point. My point was you can get a laptop with XP pre-installed.

261311 said:
Windows xP Media Centre Edition for life, I hate Vista, though I am warming up to it's GUI.

You're banished from all Microsoft related threads, we don't care to buy into your iLife or own a Mac at any point and time.

Just because a computer-illiterate 87 year old can use one does not make it good.[/end anti-Apple campaign]

You know that I do own a vista laptop and a media center pc?
Lol

Back