In a Spot of Hot Water With Wii Points

Michael Hardman

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Ilford, Essex, United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
4319-4628-5021-9858
I put my debit card details into the Shopping Channel to buy some Wii Points.

I followed everything onscreen and it took me back to the 'how many points would you like to buy' screen so I went to see if my Wii Points were there and it said you still have 0 points.

Have I done something wrong or does it take a few days to process everything.

I'm no neeb to internet shopping I do it everyday and this is the first time I've stratched my head in disbelief.

Thats actually a relief, I might give it another go then.

I only wanted Mario 64 and Mario Kart as I never owned a N64 and they were games I never got the chance to play.

This is the first Nintendo system I've owned.

Thanks I'm off to try again.

yeah typically when i charge them to my debt card the points get added right away ,and when i check my account i see a charge for the wii points pending on my account. So you probally accidently hit no when it asked if you were sure you wanted to purchase the points. Because they switch up the position of the buttons. The whole time the next button is on the right then they put the yes button on the left under that point so if you keep going thru clicking the right you'll accidently select no. My wife did that buying me contra 3.

I found out the problem, once I had entered my details I pressed No on the balacne screen rather than yes, as I'm used to clicking on the right side of the screen on my laptop when ordering online.

How stupid

its not that stupid... i get all my wii points via debit online, and i always do that... even after i now realize not to, i click the wrong side anyway.

i ordered 1000 points and when you select purchase then it said error...sever is down try again later..so it didnt go through..then i did it again and then it went through and i got double the points! so i called nintendo they gave me my money back on 1000 points and i got to keep them!

Michael Hardman said:
I found out the problem, once I had entered my details I pressed No on the balacne screen rather than yes, as I'm used to clicking on the right side of the screen on my laptop when ordering online.

How stupid
it's not your fault, I blame Ninty, for the same reason, it's like Winzip when they try to get you to buy the software, the idea behind it is they mix it up because if you get used to clicking the same button over and over, they get you, the same thing happened to me on shop channel, I think they did that so if you are in a hurry, it prevents you from inserting the wrong information, usually the continue or move forward is on the right side of the screen, but after you get everything in and it asks yes or no, they switch it so yes os on the left side of the screen

It's pretty easy to hit no at the bottom as people have pointed out. I did it TWICE...D'oh!

What they should do is make yes the default, but ask again for confirmation. "Would you really like to buy these Wii Points?"

ericlewis91 said:
i ordered 1000 points and when you select purchase then it said error...sever is down try again later..so it didnt go through..then i did it again and then it went through and i got double the points! so i called nintendo they gave me my money back on 1000 points and i got to keep them!
Go Nintendo, if only I go that, well, I guess you deserve the extra points though:thumbsup:

rolnif said:
What they should do is make yes the default, but ask again for confirmation. "Would you really like to buy these Wii Points?"
I agree, I mean, after typing all the info in, it gets quite fustrating, also, to catch people's attention, they could make it red or someting or put a warning sign

Last edited:
Back