In handheld mode how is radiation?

asdronin

WiiChat Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi all,
I have been a Nintendo fan for long time and I never cared about these things like radiation and other stuff, but just because my health is not at its best, hearing doctor advices and as Im considering to buy a Switch, I would like to know, when its set as handheld (joy con attached to sides of course) how is the radiation it emits? I assume the most logical behaviour is that the joy-con communicate with the machine with direct physical link instead of be radiating bluetooth all the time, so as I would be using it only as handheld and offline thats what worries me the most, also if anyone know about the overal EMF it could emit that would be great to know too. Sorry if these questions are not the easiest to answer, I searched for long time in internet and found nothing but as said its a health issue and I cant risk there. Thanks beforehand for any information =)

This is the first time ive ever heard someone concerned over radiation levels from a device like this. Due to the fact that this is a system from a very reputable hardware manufacturer, I would highly doubt you are at any risk. Maybe some cheap tech from china that skips any regulation could be bad for you, but the Switch is going to be very safe. Yes it uses bluetooth and wifi, but not in ways that turn it into a piece of gaming uranium. Unless the doctor has told you to stay away from bluetooth and wifi, you are safe

Back