Info on the new Zelda game that comes free with the Wii Zappe

Mr Money

I LIKE MONEY AND THE WII
Apr 21, 2007
bolton, survivor of the outbreak in Racoon City!
Wii Online Code
2750-8731-4798-5755
Nintendo has revealed more gameplay details for Link's Crossbow Training, the game that comes free with the Wii Zapper. Launched in the UK this year, you'll be using the Zapper in three modes in this new Zelda game: Target Shooting, Defender and Ranger.

In Target Shooting you'll use your crossbow to shoot bull's-eyes as they pop up on the screen. In the early stages the targets will be stationary but as the difficulty increases they will start moving. You'll get more points for hitting the centre of the bull's-eye and combo multipliers can be gained by hitting targets in succession.

Moving onto Defender, here you have to shoot down the enemies who are assaulting Link. They attack from all angles so you'll have to look and aim as you fight off skeletons in a desert and defend a wagon from boar-riding Bokoblins.

Finally there's Ranger. Here players move around the level using the control stick and aim with the Zapper as Link storms enemy encampments, fights through a forest and searches for enemies.

In addition to the single-player game you can also play Link's Crossbow Training with four friends as you shoot for the high scores.

Original: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_210907_link.html

Box when released:
wiizapperbox.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool, however, since it's a mini-game and that I have no intention of buying the Wii-Zapper, this doesn't really appeal or interest me. I hope this Link Crossbow game is good for the sake of the people that will be buying it. :)

re: what you said

I'm not expecting the game to be that good, but it could be fun. I'm glad there will be moving targets at least.

first post! :cornut:

Last edited:
Eh... looks terrible. I know it's just a tech-demo but the whole thing reaks of bad marketing.

I mean really, why use Link to sell this product? Who was the genius who thought "You know what goes really well with light guns? Zelda games!" And considering the two big reasons to buy the gun, they should have gone less kid-friendly with their packaged game.

ahh ill probobly get it just to try out the wii zapper and the game is just an extra touch but how much is that thing?

I am thinking of purchasing this item when it is released, to enjoy games such as Ghost Squad and other FPS. The fact that they decided to throw-in a mini-game is an added bonus, in my opinion.

Awesome! Does it actually take place in Hyrule? Screenshots? I'm very pleased to hear about a new Zelda game so soon, even if it is only a mini-game type thing.

I hate nintendo for putting in a Zelda mini game... It's actually tempting me now! The actual zapper, I would never buy, but I really want to try that game! Grrr... I might just get it, I'm hoping it'll improve the gaming experience of MoH: Heroes 2...

They obviously added a Zelda game to increase sales, as there are a lot of Zelda fans who wouldn't want to miss a Zelda game, no matter how small. And it's working... (curses!)

Another thing though, since when does Link use a crossbow!?!

I don't think the mini game will be any good, but the zapper in MOHH2 will be better, and other FPS's.

its not really a real zelda game, its just mini game, its doesnt come to my attention to purchase it

zapasant93 said:
its not really a real zelda game, its just mini game, its doesnt come to my attention to purchase it

Exactly. I don't think it'll be that fun... The only hope the Wii Zapper has is if it's fun in MOHH2.

Back