iPod or MP3 player

wii love gamin said:
ipods technically dont play mp3

Whaaaaaa? What are you smoking? iPod plays:

AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV

wii love gamin said:
ipods technically dont play mp3 they have their own itunes format but i dont like em for that reason thats why i have an mp3/wma player so i can play 2 different formats and i dont have to get my music off of itunes i can use limewire and get it for free:thumbsup:
Ugh, this is another reason why people don't like the iPod: they don't do any research!!!:mad5:

The following can be played on the iPod:

Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV

Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Also, you don't have to use iTunes to use an iPod! You can use other third party software like winamp. Or, you could google "ipod without itunes" and bam, look what I found here. A guide to put any kind of music format on an iPod without ever installing iTunes or any software apparently.

Mean while, those of you who like Zune, you aren't going to be able to put any of that PlaysForSure music you might have downloaded from Yahoo or Napster, even though that music is supposed to "play for sure" on Microsoft devices/mp3 players and music, movies, videos, podcasts, etc. bought from iTunes won't work either.

i have a sandisk sansa c270 6gb mp3 player. It is not much bigger then a nano, just thicker. i like it.

Last edited:
gh05t said:
in my opinion ipods SUCKK.....im planning on getting a zune soon ......
:shocked: Sorry, but if we were talking about cars, that would be like saying:
I think the 2006 Toyota Corolla SUCKS.....I'm planning on getting a 1995 Dodge Neon.

They're really not that much different in appearance if they're the same color and put next to each other, but when you look under the hood, the Corolla just works (for the most part), while the Neon...well it just doesn't.

iPods are great, if you look after them, then they don't break, iTunes is great, the only application i know of that can actually handel 11,000+ songs with ease.

It isnt its a door stop

My last door stop

I have one of the old skool Dell DJs and it's worked for me since 2003.

How long has your iPos lasted? Bet it will only be a year....

Plus I used to work for support with iTunes and riddle me this, How many updates has iTunes had that actually fixed an issue? 3 that's right only 3 out of the 30 updates out there IT SUCKS MONKEY BANANA SPLIT DIPPED IN DONKEY DOO! ADMIT IT!

match002001 said:
I have one of the old skool Dell DJs and it's worked for me since 2003.

How long has your iPos lasted? Bet it will only be a year....

Plus I used to work for support with iTunes and riddle me this, How many updates has iTunes had that actually fixed an issue? 3 that's right only 3 out of the 30 updates out there IT SUCKS MONKEY BANANA SPLIT DIPPED IN DONKEY DOO! ADMIT IT!
Mac iTunes is alot different to windows itunes :p

had this current iPod for 2 years, and i had the one before for a year (it got stoolen) and ipod battrey still lasts 18 + hours. not bad for an iPod eh ;)

Back