Which Ipod?

No, it is good for new people because of the good interface. I'm saying n00b ->Ipod. not Ipod=n00b

Brawny said:
No, it is good for new people because of the good interface. I'm saying n00b ->Ipod. not Ipod=n00b
Wha?:crazy:

Seriously, no, people who buy iPods generally know quite a bit about what they're getting...

They know:

1. Aesthetically, they're quite nice looking.

2. Physically, they're a bit prone to scratches, but with the right case (ifrogz), they'll be fine.

3. Storage-wise, they have the largest space in terms of data space, yet are amazingly compact; don't tell me those 8GB nanos don't boggle your mind and find me another mp3 player that holds 80GB of music/movies/tv shows/podcasts/pictures that is the size of the iPod video.

4. The software, iTunes, while not perfect, is one of the best music organization programs around.

5. And most importantly (mentioned a few posts up) is compatibility. PC + Mac + Linux.

Now, this is coming from a new mac user (switched last year), but I had an iPod mini for the switch and I never really had problems with it; just sold it a few months ago and the only thing that was bad about it was battery life.

iPods aren't perfect and I don't know why some people buy, for instance, the iPod shuffle (I'd say go with one of those weird cube mp3 players that ACTUALLY HAS A SCREEN), why they continue to use the iPod's stock ear buds (horrible sound quality like all pack in buds), why the iPod doesn't have a replaceable battery, why it's interface hasn't been upgraded (Zune has it beat there), and why you can't by default move music from iPod to computer (damn RIAA, but still).

Overall, though, it's quality is higher than it's competition.

Okay, I'm not trying to say that the Ipod is crap. It is a good product. I am just saying that there are other things out there. If the general public started calling my mp3 player a zune, I would start telling people that there are more than zunes out there.

NateTheGreat said:
Wha?:crazy:

Seriously, no, people who buy iPods generally know quite a bit about what they're getting...

They know:

1. Aesthetically, they're quite nice looking.

2. Physically, they're a bit prone to scratches, but with the right case (ifrogz), they'll be fine.

3. Storage-wise, they have the largest space in terms of data space, yet are amazingly compact; don't tell me those 8GB nanos don't boggle your mind and find me another mp3 player that holds 80GB of music/movies/tv shows/podcasts/pictures that is the size of the iPod video.

4. The software, iTunes, while not perfect, is one of the best music organization programs around.

5. And most importantly (mentioned a few posts up) is compatibility. PC + Mac + Linux.

Now, this is coming from a new mac user (switched last year), but I had an iPod mini for the switch and I never really had problems with it; just sold it a few months ago and the only thing that was bad about it was battery life.

iPods aren't perfect and I don't know why some people buy, for instance, the iPod shuffle (I'd say go with one of those weird cube mp3 players that ACTUALLY HAS A SCREEN), why they continue to use the iPod's stock ear buds (horrible sound quality like all pack in buds), why the iPod doesn't have a replaceable battery, why it's interface hasn't been upgraded (Zune has it beat there), and why you can't by default move music from iPod to computer (damn RIAA, but still).

Overall, though, it's quality is higher than it's competition.

ZUNE! ALL THE WAY

Hybrid said:
ZUNE! ALL THE WAY
You must be joking.:lol:

Seriously, I'm not anti-Microsoft (while I'm a mac user, and I strongly dislike Windoz, I love the Xbox), and I actually like some aspects of the zune, like it's menu system and snazzy user interface, but most people know it's software is buggy, their battery life is fairly low, it's not friendly to any OS other than Windoz, etc. I'm not saying "down with the zune." Too late for that; it's already down. However, now Microsoft can improve on it and provide even more competition for Apple, which will motivate them to make better iPods; look at the iPhone.

NateTheGreat said:
You must be joking.:lol:

Seriously, I'm not anti-Microsoft (while I'm a mac user, and I strongly dislike Windoz, I love the Xbox), and I actually like some aspects of the zune, like it's menu system and snazzy user interface, but most people know it's software is buggy, their battery life is fairly low, it's not friendly to any OS other than Windoz, etc. I'm not saying "down with the zune." Too late for that; it's already down. However, now Microsoft can improve on it and provide even more competition for Apple, which will motivate them to make better iPods; look at the iPhone.
Uh some of things you listed i've never heard of... my friends zune haas noprobs at all but it does suck it's only for windows (mac user i am)and about the battery life it's exactly the same as the ipod video (not if wi-fi is on)
but yes i do prefer zune over ipod.

Hybrid said:
Uh some of things you listed i've never heard of... my friends zune haas noprobs at all but it does suck it's only for windows (mac user i am)and about the battery life it's exactly the same as the ipod video (not if wi-fi is on)
but yes i do prefer zune over ipod.
Ah, well my friend has both and he said he hardly uses the Zune because he has to charge it every day, while his iPod only needs charging every few days.

Go here and here for reviews.

Other Zune problems include:

1. Doesn't play Plays4Sure music downloaded from places like Napster, Yahoo, MusicMatch, etc.

2. Doesn't play music, movies, videos, podcasts, audiobooks from iTunes.

3. on every zune sale, Microsoft pays the RIAA, which means they presume everyone to be part of music piracy

Still, it's an intriguing mp3 player and I'm sure in a few years, it'll be a much better product.

It came to Ipod Nano or Zen V Plus and I checked it and I have ordered the Zen V Plus 2gb And here is why:

Compared to the Ipod it is better:

Zen V Plus

£80 [2Gb]
Music
Video
Pictures
FM Radio
Nice Size

Ipod

£100 [2Gb]
Music
Pictures
Nice Size

So it is better. I have ordered it and will look forward to using it xD. I have Windows so im cool ^^ Thanks for your advice guys/gals

Wii_Smurf said:
It came to Ipod Nano or Zen V Plus and I checked it and I have ordered the Zen V Plus 2gb And here is why:

Compared to the Ipod it is better:

Zen V Plus

£80 [2Gb]
Music
Video
Pictures
FM Radio
Nice Size

Ipod

£100 [2Gb]
Music
Pictures
Nice Size

So it is better. I have ordered it and will look forward to using it xD. I have Windows so im cool ^^ Thanks for your advice guys/gals

good choice

about the other guy, the zune is awesome 90% of people have pcs, and the zunes battery last as long as an ipods if you turn off wireless and have the backlight dim

NateTheGreat said:
Ah, well my friend has both and he said he hardly uses the Zune because he has to charge it every day, while his iPod only needs charging every few days.

Go here and here for reviews.

Other Zune problems include:

1. Doesn't play Plays4Sure music downloaded from places like Napster, Yahoo, MusicMatch, etc.

2. Doesn't play music, movies, videos, podcasts, audiobooks from iTunes.

3. on every zune sale, Microsoft pays the RIAA, which means they presume everyone to be part of music piracy

Still, it's an intriguing mp3 player and I'm sure in a few years, it'll be a much better product.

1 and 2.boo hoo. Well some people arnt little goody two shoes and download all their stuff on pay sites.

3. Exactly my point. why is this a matter to you.

And about 99.9% of the world runs on windows. Get used to it. If someone doesnt have a computer with windows then im sorry go buy an ipod.

Gaz said:
I have nearly 60GB of music, but only have a 6GB iPod mini. Why? well whats the point in carring it all around, when i only need a small amount at any one time.

Because shuffle if the greatest thing to happen to portable media players.

I have 3500 songs or so. of course I'm not gonna listen to all of them on one outing. But i like all 3500 songs I have. So just toss it on shuffle, it's a surprise at every song.

asdfnick said:
1 and 2.boo hoo. Well some people arnt little goody two shoes and download all their stuff on pay sites.

3. Exactly my point. why is this a matter to you.

And about 99.9% of the world runs on windows. Get used to it. If someone doesnt have a computer with windows then im sorry go buy an ipod.
Wow, where are you coming from?:tard:

Did I say I bought anything from the iTunes store? No, but a ton of people do. You do realize since it's release, iTunes has sold over 2 billion songs, right? Source

All I ever use iTunes for is when I occasionally miss an episode of The Office, I download the missed show. I think I've bought a total of 5 CDs in my whole life! 99% of my music is either from p2p or torrent sites and I'm not affraid to admit that. I just did a freaking report for school on how the RIAA is f'ed up and how it rips of it's artists. I can email it to you if you don't believe me.

I was just saying for those who get their music "legally," they shouldn't be presumed to be music pirates.

As for your "99.9% of the world runs on windowz" comment, first, it's about 80% now thanks to linux and the new intel macs. Secondly, there are millions of mac and linux users all over the world; there are billions of windoz users. I'd be intrested in knowing how much experience you have in either linux or mac os x. I really don't understand OS fanboyism. Sure, I prefer mac/linux, but they all have their positives and negatives. I can't tell you that a mac or linux distro will work for you because you probably have very different interests from me.

Also, there's a well-known mac program, XNJB, which allows quite a few normally non-mac compatible mp3 players to be connected and used.

I don't hate the Zune. To tell you the truth, if Apple hadn't put out the iPhone, I would have considered buying a Zune. That is, until I heard most of the reviews. I really like the interface (though the iPhone now sort of pwnz it), menu style (it's yet to be seen whether the iPhone's touch abilities will be worth the hassel of taking it out of your pocket just to change songs; that's why I won't be buying one til they put some pause/play/rr/ff buttons on it), and the Zune's ruggedness is rather appealing. If I had the custom PC I plan on building when I have some time and money, I would consider buying a Zune, probably v.2.0. I own an Xbox, so I'm not in hatred of microsoft.

NateTheGreat said:
Wow, where are you coming from?:tard:

Did I say I bought anything from the iTunes store? No, but a ton of people do. You do realize since it's release, iTunes has sold over 2 billion songs, right? Source

All I ever use iTunes for is when I occasionally miss an episode of The Office, I download the missed show. I think I've bought a total of 5 CDs in my whole life! 99% of my music is either from p2p or torrent sites and I'm not affraid to admit that. I just did a freaking report for school on how the RIAA is f'ed up and how it rips of it's artists. I can email it to you if you don't believe me.

I was just saying for those who get their music "legally," they shouldn't be presumed to be music pirates.

As for your "99.9% of the world runs on windowz" comment, first, it's about 80% now thanks to linux and the new intel macs. Secondly, there are millions of mac and linux users all over the world; there are billions of windoz users. I'd be intrested in knowing how much experience you have in either linux or mac os x. I really don't understand OS fanboyism. Sure, I prefer mac/linux, but they all have their positives and negatives. I can't tell you that a mac or linux distro will work for you because you probably have very different interests from me.

Also, there's a well-known mac program, XNJB, which allows quite a few normally non-mac compatible mp3 players to be connected and used.

I don't hate the Zune. To tell you the truth, if Apple hadn't put out the iPhone, I would have considered buying a Zune. That is, until I heard most of the reviews. I really like the interface (though the iPhone now sort of pwnz it), menu style (it's yet to be seen whether the iPhone's touch abilities will be worth the hassel of taking it out of your pocket just to change songs; that's why I won't be buying one til they put some pause/play/rr/ff buttons on it), and the Zune's ruggedness is rather appealing. If I had the custom PC I plan on building when I have some time and money, I would consider buying a Zune, probably v.2.0. I own an Xbox, so I'm not in hatred of microsoft.
first off, about my percentages, im just taking these numbers off the top of my head. i know its not true. But who really cares if the zune is capable with itunes or not. Apple is just taking their stand by not letting ANY other mp3 player use their files, (as far as i know). and second, if you were siding with the zune, i apollogize for opposing you, i just really like to argue.

And as for my experence, i grew up owning a mac. i used macs at school. Then, i got a windows computer, which i prefered over the mac. And i have used linux, i dont prefer it, its not too user friendly. Also i have been around microsoft in school alot, i got MCP certified a while back and took my networking test too, and i often attend microsoft conventions and such. :thumbsup:

as a side note, i aslo have an xbox and am currently running XBMC on it :)

Last edited:
Back