is pokemon worth getting?

Battle Revolution is crap. At least, that's what I've heard. Supposedly Pokemon Stadium manages to be better.

Pokemon Stadium is tons better, trust me. However, Battle Revolution is actually a very good game; but it was made for competitive battlers, not a casual pokemon gamer. It only works for someone like me.

I just want a full blown Pokemon game on the Wii or whatever the hell is next. (Super Wii? :lol:)

Something like the handheld games. Not all this Stadium stuff.

So do I Bodine, so do I. Battle Revolution is nice for a competitive battler, but even I'd prefer a full blown RPG, rather than just an endless amount of battles. The question is, can a console pokemon game ever be good? ... I doubt it by the looks of Colosseum and XD, not at this rate anyways.

Well that's Colosseum and XD. Those 2 are TOTALLY different than what something like a Wii version of Pokemon Red & Blue - Diamond & Pearl would be. Basically we have no idea. But give us a vast environment to roam about, amazing scenery(sp?), good music, and impressive visuals... we'd have a good one on our hands.

You know, I think the problem with Colosseum and XD was the formula. You catch Shadow Pokemon, purify them, and... well, that's it. No wild pokemon (rarely in XD, but not the point), no gyms, no elite four, and no big pokedex.

I think the developers were just stupid in the first place to alter our beloved franchise's core gaming experience. If they kept the core and ADDED in shadow pokemon, I can see a success. But no. Every new generation of games added new things to do while keeping the core experience; the console games failed to emulate this.

THAT is why they failed, IMO. I suppose it'd certainly be possible for a console game to work if they just stuck to the tried and true, with just a few new innovations.

Another thing to think about, is how will moving about work? I think grass patches should still exist, but you still move on a completely 3D axis; and rather than moving through square patches does a pokemon encounter occur, but depending on how far you move will depend when (and if) a wild pokemon shows up.

Good idea?

I'd say, just FF style... but only in certain areas. So, just random encounters that depend on if you're moving or not.

Ya, that's what I was getting at, lol. There's a chance to encounter a pokemon (or, enemy in FF's case) each step. These certain areas can be classified as caves, water (while surfing), grass, and other areas pokemon have shown up at in the past.

this is an intresting debate :scared:

anywho, i take it that the handheld ones are apparently better
and the wii and such are fricken bad, no?

thanks guys anyway...

i would close the thread, but the debates are pretty intresting to read tbqh. :p

anywho, i take it that the handheld ones are apparently better
and the wii and such are fricken bad, no?

Ya, that's the gist of it. 100% guarenteed the handhelds are better than the console games. I'm sure everyone can agree on that, lol. So yeah, stick to the handhelds.

Ya, that's the gist of it. 100% guarenteed the handhelds are better than the console games. I'm sure everyone can agree on that, lol. So yeah, stick to the handhelds.
Unless its the short Pokemon snap

Throwing apples at pokemon was fun

Catch them all.....or not.

I'm with Bodine on this. But as long as people buy these Add on console Pokemon, they will keep making them. not to say they don't have there charm, but there not full-on quest. maybe im just jaded because in coliseum i raised an army consisting of Jiggly Puff and an Abbra Kadabra (Misspelling i know), only to have them beaten by my friends game genie generated Mew team who all possessed the fissure attack. last 10 seconds god rest there pink souls.

Not being rude, just informin ya that a title isn't necessary for a post. I noticed you put a title on all your posts :lol:

console games are average but handhelds are better.

ya know, for a console poke game like the hanhelds it doesn't have to be 3D. it would be nice, but a 2D console version would accomplish the same stuff. still though, Nintendo rarely listens to the fans

Back