is the nintendo wii the best graphics of the 3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzler

gangster member
Jun 3, 2006
somewhere
ive heard rumors that out of the three new consoles (xbox 360, ps3 and wii)
the wii has the most advanced graphics, to go along with its revolutionary control system! are these alligations true ?

post me back
:Ddizzler:D

Nope it dont
Who cares about grahpics anyway
most proper gamers said:
Graphics dont make the game
if you want graphics go for a ps3 noob for play Wii

it does but the wii will have better games
gran turismo wateverwhereonnow grahpics up sod all else
tekken 5 same
fifa beckhams hair changes every match

Wii has good grpahics for nintendo, but not a chance against ps3. But they are catching up to Microsoft!:)

Heh, there's simply NO WAY. Ps3 and Xbo 360 are pretty much equal. Actually I'd go as far as saying the xbox might have an edge as far as shaders and it's general purpose 3 cores go. That's a looong, looooong story. Developing for a 3-core machine is already a nightmare, imagine this and multiply by 2... then you have the PS3 right there. Ps3's graphics unit is said to be an alternative Geforce 7800 series model. Xbox's one is using unified architecture, and that's the real deal. It's completely new. From start to finish. No high-end PC will have a copy of this thing 'il 6 months (or more) from now.

The Wii, in the other hand (and according to some developers directly talking to ign.com...) might feature a single-core 729mhz cpu + around a total of 80 MEGA RAM of total system memory. That's a VERY pitiful configuration. I understand how the history has shown how efficient Nintendo can be to extract the very best from their consoles, but no miracle can be done. It's simply technically impossible. Exactly like the things are shown at the moment, it's impossible.

I also agree (as I said before) with Nintendo's strategy to put the fun and control factors above graphics, but these very same graphics are VERY IMPORTANT as well. Don't underestimate the power of visual influence. People love beauty. People BUY beauty - and they pretty much want it in their games too. At around 250 US Dollars, such technical architecture as the one made public by the BIG N is not fair. I'm not happy for buying an XBOX copy in the end of 2006. That machine is located in 2001 and that's where it should stay. I enjoy Nintendo's efforts on playability but the whole thing would just get even better with a decent CPU and GPU being put together for a more convincing REAL "revolution". Fantastic, innovative controls + very nice graphics and sounds and you have a clear winner (at least for me).

Just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
729mhz cpu + around a total of 80 MEGA RAM

these numbers seem really unrealistic to me....i can't even find a laptop computer that has below a 1.4 GHz processor...

article
not sure how much i trust this article, they say their source is game informer magazine

they are claiming the wii will also have a physics processing unit (ppu) and a lot of ram to make up for the lack of hard drive

then again, those numbers are twice as powerful (roughly) as the gc

From nintendo.com
# MPU ("Microprocessor Unit")* : Custom IBM Power PC "Gekko"
# Manufacturing process : 0.18 micron IBM copper wire technology
# Clock frequency : 485 MHz

# System Memory : 40MB

phimuajedi69 said:
these numbers seem really unrealistic to me....i can't even find a laptop computer that has below a 1.4 GHz processor...

article
not sure how much i trust this article, they say their source is game informer magazine

they are claiming the wii will also have a physics processing unit (ppu) and a lot of ram to make up for the lack of hard drive

then again, those numbers are twice as powerful (roughly) as the gc

From nintendo.com

I've seen many technical projections for the Wii, but this one seems particuarly more realistic. A physics processor with just 32mb of memory seems really realistic to be fitted into such a small amount of internal space as presented in the Wii. It seems really reasonable. It would take a good amount of horse power processing from the CPU's shoulders; it would release it. Quite good. It would not dramatically overheat the system and a huge cooling system would not be needed. Very nice. I like the idea. More St-1 ram, cache memory and more Mhz from both CPU and GPU would be VERY apreciated as well. That's the only important thing missing thus far from Nintendo.

Most likely the graphics will be better then at e3, for 1 the system isn't completely finialized, 2 these games are still in production, the "beautifing" process is usually one of the last, and 3 these are the first run of games, the first batch of games from a developer for a system, is usually not as good of graphics. I still say the difference in the consoles graphics will be comparable since I'm not going to zoom on my characters 5 0'clock shadow and you'll forget about graphics about 30 seconds into any of these games if the game is good. also for $600 the ps3 IS NOT enough of a graphical improvement, from the previews I've seen this system looks glitchey and not well setup, specs are not everything, saturn had 3 processors and playstation wiped the floor with it, if some noname company game out with this console everyone would laugh at them and they would go bankrupt with no sales.

It seems a little low but this is what gamestop says

CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz
Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory
GPU ATI Hollywood
Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii
Supported Resolution up to 480p
12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual)
System Memory Unknown
Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory
Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum)
Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g
GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports
Disc Compatibility GameCube
GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports

Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp

Last edited:
I don't relly care about the graphics as much as I did beofre. why? Because graphics have reached a point where they are good enoughf. Any thing better than the Gc is good enoughf.

anyway it didnt BUT u know its still in development, so I think they will beat the 360!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back