is wii going to be another failed console later down the line?

mofoninja88

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
ok. over the past 4 yrs or so i have had the the GC. however, before possibly moving onto the wii console, i ask myself the question ''is it worth it?'' i dont know if anyone else here feels it, but i feel let down by nintendo. sure, for the first 6 months or so the GC kept up with the Xbox and the PS2 and for that time it seemed rosy. but then it started to go downhill. the 3rd party games that were promised before realease never came. take a sequel to perfect dark for example.

i was gutted that a mass majority of games never came out on the GC. internet play faded away from possibility, unlike the mass followings on ps2 and xbox. ok, i agree that the GC did have some awesome games such as the metroid series among other nintendo owned brands. however the GC was left behind. as a testimony to this, the xbox and the ps2 are still having titles churned out for them. i remember the point that some shops stopped selling GC games alltogether. they were sold either in the bargain bin, on the bottom shelf of the GBA section or not at all. nintendo have taken this gameplay and game quality route before. But will the ''gimmick'' of this new controller ware off? will 3rd party developers decided it is worth it to stay with the wii? will this console pull another GC and just fade away whilst the Xbox360 and PS2 speed off into the distance? i for one think it will. I may be proved wrong. i would like to be proved wrong. but before you think of forking out your money for a wii just ask yourself

''is it worth it?''

i beleive major game titles are still to be announced as well as new ways of playability, theyre launching the wii with well rounded paths to accessories and more in the future. This is the only system I can honestly say can be subject to evolve.

If you've tried the Wii, then you know it is worth it. For those who haven't tried it, those people who have tried it are telling you that it's worth it.

And its the only system with an innovative way to play. PS3 and 360 are just suped of version of their former selves. The "gimmick" that you're calling the wii remote is going to enhance the experience of gaming. It brings you to a new level and is a sh*t load of more fun that sitting with a regular controller. Not to mention, the games for the Wii are awesome. Zelda, red steel, excite truck, super smash bros brawl....its gonna be awesome. And I believe that they will keep coming out with excellent titles, nintendo and their developers. I can't say this much for PS3 and 360....their games don't excite me much at all.

Is it worth it?
Of course.
The real question is whether PS3 is worth $600. Is it?
Of course not.

I agree about the GC I got one in its eraly days and liked it, but it felt like no new fresh games were ever released. But I think Nintendo thought it through much more with the Wii. I think that the Wii will be better than the Snes which was the best Nintendo system ever

Also I think the PS3 will fall flat on it's face, just because Sony marketed it all wrong. "You get a blu-ray player for $600!!! Oh and there is a game system in there somewhere as well"

For $250, it's definitely worth it. I've never played it, but I know that I will enjoy my time with it...without a doubt. But for $250, that's just extremely cheap for a game system it seems to me so it's not like if it does fade away, and I'll agree, the GC did, but even if the Wii fades (I dont think it will because online capability is on it, and it just has a beautiful innovation), you're not throwing away tons of money on it.

i think it'll be worth it too. Nintendo surely knows how many ppl feel about the gamecube. u know there were calls, emails, letters, etc...not to mention the market statistics. i see this as almost being a new N64, everyone remember how cool that was??!!??

100% sure its worth it!!!
First of all Zelda and Mario....
second, THE FREAKIN FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS!!!!
I also think Nintendo will get most video game designers to work for them....
it means TONS of game...alot moe than the 360 and PS3!
Most people will buy a Wii because its something new and well...ITS NOT $600!!!!

Right. I think a lot of game developers will be more willing to make Wii gamesthan ps3 because of the brilliant new idea. The innovation of the wii is a huge market strategy. I mean, who doesnt think motion sensitive video game controls are cool?

i dont think so, unlike the dreamcast the wii has a more next generation look and feel to it. the dreamcast lacked variety, and it was a sega lol. but the wii will dominate.

paintba||er said:
Well for only $250 I'm willing to take that chance. And if it does fail I still have my 360.

well some people are luckier than others. i havent got enough money to buy more than one console. if i did then i woulnt be complaining about the GC's dropout!

yeah im only getting one console too, so im abit worried too lol. But i do believe it will do much better than the GC.

For me looking at the other consoles..

360: as i have a decent PC, only games that i know about on the 360 and wont be on PC, that interest me are gears of war and halo; but buying a console for simply 2 games..

PS3: alot of good titles i would want, such as the final fantasy series, metal gear, devil may cry and im sure just like the ps2 did they will have a large selection of RPG's and CO-OP games, which are really my favourite games. But in the end price for me is a factor and i also live in australia so.. $1000 and i have to wait till march? no thank you, as i really wanted something for the holidays.

So in the end ill be getting a wii, but thats just my situation.

Back