I've gotten a wii - now what do I do with it :)

laruli

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
I have a Wii (sports package w/game/controller/nunchuk) under the tree for my daughter. It is joined by:

Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chron.
Mario Strikers Charged
Guitar Hero III
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Zelda Twilight Princess
DDR: Hottest Party (w/mat)
Link's Crossbow Training (w/zapper)

1 Classic Controller
1 extra remote
1 extra nunchuk
3 extra dance pads
2000 Points
Accessory pack (tennis racket, baseball bat, boxing gloves, golf club, steering wheel, gun, 2 x 1800 mah batteries (w/cords), grip, skins, protector)

Wow, listing it here makes it sound huge...anyway...She is home schooled and often has multiple friends come over when her work is done to play and hang out. We figured this would be a good safe haven to keep the kids out of trouble but I don't want her spending a ton of time alone on it.

What games listed play with how many people? (I'm told DDR:HP can play up to 4 people at one time - thus the extra dance pads.)

What games (listed and out there) are best with at least 2 and preferably up to 4 (I assume this is the max number wii can handle at one time?)

With more duplicate accessories, will more players play at the same time? So I should I have a set of 4 everything? (accessories, remotes, nunchuks, etc.)

What is the 2000 pts for?

How many batteries can the Wii charge at one time?

What should I be asking and what can I expect when this thing is hooked up?
Am I missing anything?

I'm clueless here and don't see the point of shelling out this kind of cash if we don't take advantage of all the Wii has to offer.

Last edited:
isint that a little too much stuff ive had my wii since 1sy day it came out and i dont have that much ans the wii points are for playing classic games like the origanal NES systems and nintendo 64 ect

...woah.

Is it just for her, and if so, what is she into?

You're missing [arguably] the best two wii games of the year: Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

The wii revolves around party games, and thus, many of its games offer more than one [or two] people to play. If you are into gaming at all [and even if you are not] I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself playing the wii all the time, alone and with family and friends.

If you need any specific questions answered, feel free to ask.

Wii Play, Wii Sports are good for more people.
Yes buy more controllers.
2000 points is to access old Nintendo games and channels and download them for certain amount of points.

Wii doesn't charge batteries, there are chargers that are bought seperately if you wish for them.

You can expect a fun and very reliable system once set up :thumbsup:

Also having an internet connection on the Wii is a good idea as well, to experience all Wii has to offer via wireless internet connection or USB connector.

spending that much money on a wii you should play it alo if your not planning on useing it mutch return some games and just get like 2 or 3 and yah you missed the best game for wii super mario galaxy it won the video game awords for best auction game and best wii game of the year just that game alone world probly make your daughter more then happy

Do the classic games play better/with improved features or whatever on the wii - or is it like downgrading to an old version of something?

Not really. She works hard both in her schooling and around the house and doesn't receive an allowance or much throughout the year.

Also, we really are the teen hangout after school and all the kids work hard to get the "privilege" of hanging at our place. But, we usually play "board" games (the unique kind that run $60+ in specialty stores, over the years I've collected one entire wall full), sing, dance, craft, skate etc... so we are geared more for 4-8 people active at one time.

This will be new for us since more will be watching rather than participating but the kids have indicated they would like to see a more technological trend at our place. She currently has a small TV (8"?) we are upgrading to a 32" by giving her ours and getting an HDTV for Christmas for us.

Anyway, thats the plan, we just want to make sure we don't gear this toward her playing alone.

1. The classic games are played in their EXACT original condition.
2. The wii is absolutely perfect for large groups.
3. Are you sure that you won't be playing it at all? You sound to me like this is your first time gaming, and my only suggestion is to not block it out as her toy. You are the exact type of person that Nintendo is gearing the wii toward, you'll have plenty of fun if you open up to it.

laruli said:
Do the classic games play better/with improved features or whatever on the wii - or is it like downgrading to an old version of something?
no i dont thaink that are upgraded in any way i think its a wase of money exsept the legendary nintendo games like classsic the legend of zelda games that where made years before she was probly born she she would probly think thay are boring inless shes like 20

Ah, ok ... Friends and Family picked the games - I thought about grabbing Galaxy but couldn't tell what kind of difference it would be from her current selection, fill me in...and meteriod prime? never heard of it. What does it do, why is it special?

I got lucky and found it locally...last one and all that.

i think thats too much stuff and will overwhelm her. Whenever I get too many games I never get around to finishing any of them because I have another to play. I think you should give her 1 or 2 1-player games, and 1 or 2 multiplayer games and then wait until she gets bored or finishes them before giving her the rest.

i know how it is getting carried away with buying game stuff i spent 8grand on ps2 games and accesoriesone in one day and after that i got really dissapointed cus i missed sone really good games and wen to buy more

Back