Keeping the GC controller ?

Diomedes

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
this has gotten quite confusing. Ive always wondered if you can instead keep your GC controller instead of buying the classic controller,
And still have the same properties?
such as being able to play games like SSBB with the GC contraller
sorry if this has been explained already.

Thats a valid question, that has been batted around a bit but never explained.

On one hand the GC controller has all the buttons needed except select (which could easily be mapped to the Z button) on the other hand the VC controller is an attachment for the wiimote so the GC signal is potentially going in the wrong port.

It is fairly well known that SSBB is intended to be played using the GC ports so I don't see why VC can't be configured to also accept input from those ports if a Wii game can.

I don't have an answer, and it may be something that isn't known until you get a Wii and attempt to use the GC controller with the VC. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

MetroidZ said:
some games need the Z button so it cant be select.

To my knowledge none of the systems being emulated in the vc had a Z button, the obvious exception being the sega genesis 6 button games but the vc controller doesn't have six buttons either the last two will prolly be mapped to L and R

Hey, on IGN it has stuff what the Creator of DBZ Tech wahtever 2 said, and he mentioned players might get tired playing with the Wiimotes (For all of those who have played DBZ fighting games, you know they are super INSANE) he said you can plug in GC controllers for more of a classic gameplay. So when that dude said: Dont throw away your GC controllers just yet, this is what he was talking about, I'm glad to see not ALL devs are concentrating around the Wii mote and give us an option. But on online play, the person with a GC controller will have the advantage over someone useing the Wiimotes, so i hope it tells you like, GX364's Game (Wii Style) or Demon385's Game (GC Style)

yah lol, they said for 1 move (probaly a kamehameh move) you have to hold the wiimote inwards to your chest, then thrust it forward.

nintendo 64 has the Z button. it was used by many games.

I stand corrected on that one, never actually owned one (only played it at a friends) so I forgot about the trigger on the back.

On the other hand, that controller was the first to drop the select button so it wouldn't matter for the n64 games. :)

yeh, true, but i still dont think it will be like that. u can use the GC controller for some games, but i think on the VC u will need the classic controller. thats just my opinion, we will soon see.

The gc controller will be able to be used on the wii i'm pretty sure, it's been talked about on like a million threads. It's difficult to think about...i'd keep it just in case, u nvr know.

Buy the VC controller is more beautiful and wireless (its only connected to the wii mote anyway)

Lord Haku said:
Well the creator of SSBB said that they will be able to use the GC controller, I mean the Wii also plays Gamecube games so yeah I would keep mine
True, even if u can't use it for any new games u'll want to keep the gc one for gc games.

Blindly I said I wasn't sure if u would be able to use the gc controler cuz I wasn't sure about the "no select button" thing but then it hit me in the face(which I couldn't see because I was blind) we went through our whole gc experience w/out the select button. That button in the middle of the controller is the start/select button.

Sry for being so retarded about this it's just that I forgot i've played 100's of gc games w/out the select button. I mean c'mon, duh.:tard

Back