Last day for free internet channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Just reminding everyone if you havn't got the new browser today is the last day to do it for free on the wii, tomorrow it will cost money think bout 500 points so get it for free even if you dont need it!

Well thank you Ronald.
But I don't need to fret, I had it on day 1 of release :p

lee.jarratt said:
Well thank you Ronald.

Me Too. :p

As Soon As Heard Word Of It, *VROOOOM!* I Was On The Shop Channel.

I Actually Got The Internet Channel BEFORE The WiiMail Got Sent To Me. :lol:

Last edited:
lee.jarratt said:
Well thank you Ronald.
same here, when i got the wii mail on my wii, i got it update seconds later

no need for me to panic, got it on 1st day

and i got it before the message from tendo, mainly because i like pressing random buttons

Last edited:
was wondering when we would get another thread where people could tell everyone how they got the browser on day one.

my lucky day!

opera is a free browser, the fact that they will start chargin for it just shows a bit of over excessive customer milking, aka greed. I wouldnt be suprised if they charged for the free browser IF they were taking a loss on their consoles, but the fact is nintendo used old tech and cheap hardware in order to make money perconsole compared to their counterparts who use the top of the line hardware and take the loss from it too.

I been saying it for awhile, ninty has been starting to go down the wrong path. RIP old nintendo.

Bandwidth on the other hand isn't cheap. Be glad you don't have to have a subscription to even see what is available to download.

vagrant said:
Bandwidth on the other hand isn't cheap. Be glad you don't have to have a subscription to even see what is available to download.

Well lets see, microsoft can do it, sony can do it.. they both take huge losses on their systems. The Wii actually already makes a lot of money and they charge?

No you see its not about bandwidth, which btw is a lot cheaper than it used to be, its about the software. Its like taking a free resource and turning around and charging for it. I garantee you nintendo pays a one time price for unlimited bandwidth services. They already have that covered.

Nice excuse though.

Shiftfallout said:
Well lets see, microsoft can do it, sony can do it.. they both take huge losses on their systems. The Wii actually already makes a lot of money and they charge?

No you see its not about bandwidth, which btw is a lot cheaper than it used to be, its about the software. Its like taking a free resource and turning around and charging for it. I garantee you nintendo pays a one time price for unlimited bandwidth services. They already have that covered.

Nice excuse though.

I don't know what flavor of ganja you smoked for dinner, but Microsoft makes loads of money of Xbox Live.

And clearly nothing is working for Sony at the moment.

i agree with shiftfallout
people try to tag microsoft as "greedy" yet nintendo will be charging for something that you can get elsewhere free, and its a fact you can get it for free because if you have online on your wii, then you must have a computer thats hooked up the the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back