Linksys WRT54G V5

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I am think of buying it and if I do I wanted to know if there is anything specific I have to do for it to work or if it will work once I get it working. Please reply and thank you.

i brought WRT54G not sure what version but i couldnt even get it to work with my computer T_T

Well I just ordered it and it should be coming sometime this week and hopefully it works well, but I was wondering if I would have to have my Wii in the same room as the router or could I use it somewhere else in the house?

all you do to get it to work with anything is plug it into your modem via ethernet then turn both off. turn cable modem on first, wait about a minute, turn router on, and theyll set up with eachother. then you go on your comp type in 192.168.1.1 in address bar and itll take you to router settings. go to wireless then security an you should probably have it encoded, set a password, generate a key, and remember that key cause youll need it to get online. also

TO GET INTO ROUTER SETTINGS the login and password should be admin and admin the first time. after you set up security i think login is admin and password is what you use to get online.

EDIT you can use it somewhere else, just have the wii look for access points, and before hand go into your router settings and change the SSID from linksys to something else along with security, and check its signal strength when you search w/ the wii.

thanks for that tut, I'll try all that once I get it.

Last edited:
I have the same version too, just make sure that if your using a WEP secruity (I suggest) use a password you remember or write it down.

I also have that model, only problem I've had is that I need to reboot it every 4 months or so. Although I recommend that you setup your Wii in the DMZ. It seems to help some games connect better.

Back