List of wii questions

jason416

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
8204-3159-3293-3808
Hi.
I got my wii 5 days ago and so far so good.

Please answer the following questions T_T

1. I saw many youtube videos about overheating.
And i heard many people saying, it cant overheat because it has 2 cooling vent. So, can the wii overheat? and if it does, how long do i have to play to overheat and how do i avoid it..

2. does wii extra cooling fan (21bucks) really worth it?

3. I saw youtube videos about freezing, and graphic memory. Is that rare or happens often?

4. Many people get broken wii for putting CD on. example; when you try to insert CD, it doesnt work. How does it happen? does CD insert thing happens alot? how do i avoid it.?

Alright, I don't think I'm understanding all of this, but I'm going to do my best.

First and foremost, the Nintendo Wii is an excellent piece of technology and the number of problems that are it's hardware suffers are few and far between. And even when they do, Nintendo is known for having some of the best customer support out there. You have VERY LITTLE to worry about.

The overheating issue is not when the wii is on, it is when it is in standby mode. When the wii is on, so are its fans. However, when the wii is running in standby mode its fans turn off, and this is where you may have a SLIGHT chance of your wii overheating. If you are that worried about it you can buy a wii cooling system *that stays on while the wii is in standby mode* or you can simply turn standby mode off under your wii settings.

1). the wii used to overheat, but after the version 3.0U update it doesnt any more. its warm most of the time and really cold at other times.

2). its not an extra fan, its a replacement one. you dont really need it.

3).again the wii only used to freeze on the internet channel, but the update for the internet channel fixed that.

4). i dont have a clue what your asking there.

Overheating is not an issue at all really, even in Standby mode.
By Wii has never overheated or had any technical problems as of yet (knock on wood).

Cooling fan therefore is a waste of money, as you will never need the use of it.

Wii's are made very good, most technical problems hardly ever occur.
Freezing is not a big concern either, it may happen the odd time. If it happens a lot though, just call Nintendo and have them replace it or fix it, part of the warranty.

Some people put disks in the wrong way or errors with discs occur. It just happens. All you need to do is reset the Wii and try again. It'll work.

Also don't let Youtube videos confuse you in the Future, youtube is not always right :lol:

thank you very much for all your help but
I dont have wiifi (or wii adapter to update wii connect 24)
and i cant tell if my wii is 3.0 -.-

and about my 4th question...
When you try to inset your disk on to the wii, sometimes or permately, it doesnt go in. and I was wondering does that happen often?

Well you should purchase a Wi-Fi USB connector for your internet on Wii if you don't already have wireless internet.

Or if your computer and Wii are within 5 feet of each other you can buy a LAN adapter. All of which are sold at Best Buys or wherever games are sold.

Your last problem, is there already a disc inside.
That could be the problem.

CantGetAWii said:
Well you should purchase a Wi-Fi USB connector for your internet on Wii if you don't already have wireless internet.

Or if your computer and Wii are within 5 feet of each other you can buy a LAN adapter. All of which are sold at Best Buys or wherever games are sold.

Your last problem, is there already a disc inside.
That could be the problem.

well, i have a question about the lan adapter thing.
My parents says its waste of money just go on online but I can't really convince my parents to buy the thing >_>
can you give me idea to convince my parents to prove that i should buy wii lan adapter ?

Well like I said, only buy that if your Wii and Computer are within 5 feet of each other.

Online is essential though, you can browse the internet on your Wii, participate in Wii channel contests and experience the Wii channels, download old classics from the Virtual Console, play online with friends etc. There is so much to do, and so many reasons why online is essential to have on a Wii.

CantGetAWii said:
Well like I said, only buy that if your Wii and Computer are within 5 feet of each other.

Online is essential though, you can browse the internet on your Wii, participate in Wii channel contests and experience the Wii channels, download old classics from the Virtual Console, play online with friends etc. There is so much to do, and so many reasons why online is essential to have on a Wii.

yea but that doesn't really convince my dad to buy me the wii lan adapter..
BTW, im using my money too -.-

I've had similar problems.

If your parents have ever played old Nintendo games, Mario, Zelda, Golden Axe, just say "If I have my Wii online I could get old Nintendo games like (what ever your parents played), and I'm sure you would love to play those old games again, I would like to play (such game you would like to play) that you use to play, the classic, non-violent games that are so much fun, Plus with the News channel you can search for news stories you would like to see instead of CNN showing the best story 5 hours after they say its coming up after next commercial break."

At least thats' probably exactly what I would say.

Or just tell them that you need to do an update or else your wii will break its better to spend less than what you paid for wii
that would so get your parents to buy it :D

his parents probly hold onto the money for him... you best bet is to not get online for a few months their is much to do in games like wii sports or zelda TP that could keep you going for a few months before you need to go online by then they will have forgot the X amount of money you have spent and let you got the cable i had to convine my dad to make our net go wireless just for the wii took about 1 month but like a suggstion said tell your parents they could play old school game this may work my dads GF walked past when i was play mario brothers 3 the really old 2 do scroller she sat down and we talking for ages about it but my dad is like way older 15 years old than his GF 2 be exact (what a player) and if i try to say that to him he is like well back in my dad we used to build bikes and ride them... i say i do that already this is extra .. he says NO case closed... thanks for listing sorry if my spelling is shot i cant be botherd spell cheaking

thanks guys.
I told my parents about the wii update and they said "fine.
Its your money XD"

(I might buy wii points later)

Back