Little Nemo: The Dream Master

xbandaidx

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Wisconsin
Wii Online Code
4857-5695-0490-5844
Little Nemo The Dream Master

Released in 1990 by Capcom for the Nintendo Entertainment system, was Little Nemo the Dream Master. There were actually two Little nemos, one a lesser known japanese one that was mostly found in arcades, and the more popular one being Dream Master.

he player controls a small boy inside his own dreams, as he journeys to Slumberland. You can take control of certain animals, such as a frog, a gorilla, or a mole, by feeding them candy. Each animal has its own skills needed to complete each level. The purpose of the game was to travel to the Nightmare land to rescue Morpheus, the king of Slumberland, from the clutches of the evil Nightmare King.

This game does have a somewhat kiddy kind of appearance, but it was a very challenging game. The thing is, even 16 years later I still remember this game to this day, it just proves that it's awesome.

Anyone else played this? I'm planning on getting this should it ever come out on Virtual Console.

I think all the fans of this old classic title should band together and ask Nintendo to release this asap for NES VC.

Surprisingly my job has like three copies of this game, if I had an NES I'd pick it up.

I played Nemo so much I killed it and CAPCOM sent me a replacement(for free) this was just out of the goodness of their heart since I was past my warranty at the time. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only person who loved Nemo!

CAPCOM is working with Nintendo and their Virtual Console so it is certainly a possibility that we will see this game on VC at some point. In my humble opinion this game would make an absolutely ideal candidate for a hasty VC release. Im up for helping get Nintendo to give it some attention.

Nemo also had a movie in anime style (I should really look it up).

(If you liked "Little Nemo" you probably liked "Bucky O'hare" aswell, or atleast you would have liked Bucky, had you played it.)

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for a VC release, I think it was one of those more unsung games that were so great it didn't quite get the attention it deserved.

I definitely hope Capcom is considering this one.

my father has a copy of the Little nemo Movie. It's on the shelf of kids videos set up for my little sister. I've never actually taken the time to dig it out and watch it. I should though just to bring back good ole memories of playing the game for hours on end trying to beat it.

tlynn327 said:
I found a bit more info on Little Nemo. Been arounds since 1871. Link.

Great find, its always nice to know about the history behind games if there is one.

5010 said:
you never beat nemo?

Ill have to remember that... ziiiip :|

Yeah, I never owned the game, just had it rented from the store. It was challenging game for me back then as I was only like 6 years old or something.

I still have my old system and a copy this game. o_O Amazing the things someone would keep for seventeen years. And actually, both still work.

Back