Looking for an Anime to.. Er... "Aquire"..

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well.. I plan on getting an Archos 504 40GB PMP x:

Annnnnnd. I'm puttin' some anime on there, a few movies, and Megas XLR.

And I planned to put Trigun on there, but... I kinda watched it all.

I've got Outlaw Star saved to put on there, though I've seen alot of episodes. But it's been years, so it'll be good to watch again.

But, I'll probably have 20GB to spare.
Also, when I get video, I downgrade it to 700 kbits bitrate, 128 kbits (I think I'm getting my terms wrong.) mp3 audio. At a 480 x 272 resolution, so most of my media files get shrunk about 30% in size.

Well, I better start off with my tastes. 'Cause I'm picky.

Well, I don't like serious animes with incredibly deep storylines.
Cowboy Bebop was difficult to swallow for me. It was serious (for me)

I don't like gory or bloody stuff. I can undertand gunshot wounds or something, but I'm not gonna go for an arm and a head chopped off, spurting blood.

I LOVE comedy. But clean humor. I don't care for distasteful humor all that much. Though I can understand if some background character at a bar makes an off-color comment to a female character.

I enjoyed Trigun, I enjoyed Outlaw Star long ago, and plan to enjoy it when I eventually get my device.

Oh, and I also like it when they're in English. I'm not the type to hear Japanese audio and read English subtitles. I know; Americans screw up all anime. But hey, I'll live. Trigun was nice.

I'll enjoy anything on a lighter note. Bobobo bo bobobo has me giggling alot. But there ain't no English ones up for grabs. Much less anything up for grabs, really.

Oh... And it has to be... Er... "Aquireable" by torrents.

Prinny! I know at least YOU can help me!
You know more about anime than the rest of wiichat combined.
But only 'cause it's true.
Though I don't won't to know how...
You just can't trust a guy with a penguin with red eyes in his avatar.

=/ i know a lot about anime too =(

How about Escaflowne or RahXephon? they're kind like Mecha Anime (Robotic suits) - available in English audio

Excel Saga is hilarious... and you can get it in English audio

Bleach has some English dubbed episodes... and Ichigo has the same voice actor as Vash (from Trigun)... but i think it's only up to episode 30 or 40ish...

Cowboy Bebop has some funny moments (i.e. Mushroom Samba Episode)

Outlaw star is amazing...

----

You must be pretty snazzy to have a Archos... they were pretty expensive last time i looked =/ ... my Creative Zen Visions:M 60GB was £160... but i think that Archos movie players are much more expensive =?

I heard about Excel Saga o: Thanks, yo. I'ma chech these out.

And yeah, when compared to iPod and Zune, the Archos is expensive (but all the more sweeter. 4.3" screen, removable battery, 16 million color LCD screen). I'll be paying $270 if there isn't another price drop. I don't rightly know the price in UK dollers (Aren't I just culturally educated?), but I'd figure about 135 if it's double.

Trulen said:
I heard about Excel Saga o: Thanks, yo. I'ma chech these out.

And yeah, when compared to iPod and Zune, the Archos is expensive (but all the more sweeter. 4.3" screen, removable battery, 16 million color LCD screen). I'll be paying $270 if there isn't another price drop. I don't rightly know the price in UK dollers (Aren't I just culturally educated?), but I'd figure about 135 if it's double.

Mine was more expensive then... i think it's got a 16 mil. screen too ^^ but it's only 2.5" in the screen...

60GB though... and the sound is AMAZING!

your not a anime fan unless you have Ghost in the shell, be it one of the movies, or the stand alone complex's.

its not bloddy or gory, and some parts are funny at times.

Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club
Azumanga Diaoh(sp?)
Full metal panic fumofu
Vandread
Tenchi Muyo

not sure if they have ENG dub tho :p

Back